The mission of Friendship Public Charter School is to prepare students to become ethical, literate, well-rounded and self sufficient citizens by providing a world-class education that motivates students to reach high academic standards, to enjoy learning, to achieve success, and to contribute actively to their communities.
Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, handling departmental procurement and budgeting activities, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. May also train and supervise lower-level clerical or intern staff.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive's absence; speaking for the executive.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes projects by assigning work to clerical staff; following up on results.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Follow established guidelines for ordering supplies and materials as assigned and maintain inventory. Provide work direction and guidance to volunteers, student workers and other personnel as assigned.
- Prepare requisitions for the purchase of supplies and equipment according to established procedures. Submit requisitions to the Director and or the Deputy Director for approval.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Skills: Excel (creating spreadsheets), Microsoft Word, Power Point.
Knowledge: Accurate record-keeping techniques and filing systems. Operation of various office machines including a computer terminal. Word processing and spreadsheet software programs, query statements, database programs. Receptionist and telephone techniques and etiquette. Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy. Modern office practices, procedures and equipment. Oral and written communication skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from high school and progressively responsible experience as a secretary. Other combinations of applicable education, training and experience which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered.
- Apply to this position
- Email this job to a friend