God's Love We Deliver, the nation's leading non-profit, non-sectarian organization providing meals and nutritional counseling to people living with cancer, HIV/AIDS and other severe illnesses, seeks an energetic and talented person to assist the President & CEO on agency-wide program, research and administrative projects.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative and program support to the President & CEO and serves as liaison with staff, Board members, volunteers and other community stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Abilities:
- Providing full administrative support to the President & CEO, including calendar and contact maintenance, scheduling meetings, travel planning, transcribing minutes, preparing materials, processing credit card and requisitions, and other office duties;
- Serving as the primary liaison to the Board of Directors and its various Committees;
- Preparing all Board meeting materials and correspondence;
- Serving as liaison between the President & CEO and staff;
- Planning and execution of staff events;
- Conducting general research and statistical analyses of the God's Love program and services to inform agency planning and to increase awareness of issues related to the impact of food and nutrition on critical and chronic illness;
- Writing weekly updates and quarterly newsletter articles;
- Performing marketing and communications tasks to expand agency visibility;
- Assisting with all administrative tasks associated with a building expansion project;
- Providing administrative support to Executive Team members when needed;
- Supporting the President & CEO on agency legal and financial matters; and
- Assisting on special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated financial and fundraising abilities
- Strong leadership and staff development success
- B.A. and 2-3 years experience in non-profit program or administration preferred..
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point) is a must. Willingness to learn customized software.
- Must have excellent judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, demonstrated project management skills and detail-oriented.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain good sense of judgment, composure and humor under pressure.
- Team player.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative.
idealist.org - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard