Impact & Scope
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing a high level of administrative support by handling information requests, preparing ad hoc reports, and conducting research. The Executive Assistant will also provide clerical support as needed in scheduling appointments, arranging meetings, and calendar management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Manage calendar and itineraries.
• Create, copy and distribute internal and external correspondence, memorandums, forms, mass mailings, agendas, presentation materials, and reports.
• Organize and secure confidential documents for executives.
• Ensure all correspondence, memorandums, reports and other typed copy are proofed for accuracy.
• Answer and screen telephone calls and visitors; supply appropriate information when possible, otherwise direct calls or requests to appropriate individuals; ensure all telephone messages are conveyed in a timely manner to the appropriate individuals and respond to all telephone calls in a timely manner.
• Organize arrangements for meetings, luncheons and oversee as necessary; and arrange for the use of conference rooms or outside facilities.
• Perform various analytical and research special projects; coordinate and complete special assignments and projects as required; and collaborate with various staff and departments in preparing reports.
• Prepare any internal forms necessary to process check requests, invoices, overnight mail and/or special expense reports and secure proper approval for processing.
• Coordinate special events or company functions as necessary.
• Maintain communication with employees, management, and other departments.
• Receive and handle incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail ensuring proper follow up procedures are in place and adhered to.
• Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
• 3-5 years of applicable work experience.
• Must be able to multi-task effectively.
• Must be highly organized and have experience maintaining files.
• Must have a professional working manner.
• Must be able to work independently. • Must be detail oriented.
• Must have experience with Word, Excel, the Internet and e-mail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Kaplan - 17 months ago
Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which help...