Munich American Reassurance Company |
(MARC) is a premier life insurance company offering life, annuity, accident & health reinsurance throughout the United States. For more information about MARC, please visit www.marclife.com .
MARC is currently seeking an Executive Assistant (Grade 14) to the Chief Executive Officer and the Vice President, Corporate Services.
This role is responsible for managing the office of the CEO and assisting the V.P. of Corporate Services by providing broad and independent executive, administrative and project management support.
- Anticipate executives’ needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and other resources to support the executives in addressing challenges and opportunities.
- Manage confidential information.
- Conduct extensive executive calendar and meeting management requiring interaction with both internal and external contacts and stakeholders.
- Conduct research, develop content and create effective executive presentations.
- Prepare draft communications and responses to correspondence and inquiries.
- Coordinate logistics for leadership team meetings.
- Coordinate logistics for MARC visitors, travel, accommodations, etc.
- Plan, organize and manage the administrative aspects of the executive office.
- Manage executives’ phone calls, mail, e-mail, voicemail, travel, expense reimbursement and appointments.
- Perform project management activities as appropriate.
- Participate as a key member of community and internal event activities committees.
- Act as the alternate team leader on the Emergency Command Center (ECC) Coordination Team as well as alternate team leader of the Business Continuity Plan’s (BDP) Transportation team.
- 5 + years as a confidential support provider to executive management.
- 2+ years successfully managing projects.
- High degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to Multi-task.
- Attention to detail.
- Travel management skills.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Expertise in creating executive PowerPoint presentations and Excel worksheets.
- Successful experience working with limited supervision and independence.
- For expense reports, the knowledge/skill to convert Euros and Canadian dollars to US dollars.
- Bachelors degree
- Flexibility to work hours that match executive’s needs and schedule.
- Working autonomously or having limited access to immediate manager.
- Working within multiple time zones, including international as well as domestic.
- Working with diverse stakeholders, internal, external, German (Home Office), Canadian (Region HQ), etc.
Munich American Reassurance Company - 20 months ago