Energize Your Career at NV Energy!
NV Energy is the premier provider of energy for Nevada and has served citizens in northern Nevada for over 150 years, and southern Nevada since 1906. We are committed to creating an atmosphere where our employees are treated with dignity and respect and have the opportunity to offer their ideas and viewpoints. Our employees set us apart and allow us to meet complex challenges to continue to achieve success. Now’s your chance to join our team!
Performs secretarial and administrative duties for an Executive and department. Manages schedules, arranging appointments, travel, meetings, conference calls, etc. Performs some analysis and uses initiative and independent judgment with frequent access to confidential and highly complex information. Is knowledgeable of corporate policy and is often called upon to interpret and communicate the Executive's intent to other managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provides VP/Director with administrative and secretarial support:
- Coordinates executive and department schedules- making appointments and establishing agendas.
- Arranges and coordinates all business travel.
- Handles all confidential material relevant to company operations.
- Screens phone calls and incoming mail.
- Performs word processing duties.
- Conducts various analytical special projects, especially involving budgets and preparations for Board and senior management meetings.
- Coordinates department meetings; arranges use of conference rooms.
- Serves as a contact to people inside and outside the company.
- Collaborates with various staff and departments in preparing special projects.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills, and Environment
Education and Work Experience
Requires a High School diploma or GED and 5 or more years of experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Thorough knowledge of administrative practices and procedures. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must have working knowledge of presentation and spreadsheet software. Professional appearance and presentation. Able to handle highest level confidential information. Detail oriented.
Equipment and Applications
PCs, word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software. General office equipment.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General office environment. No special physical demands required.
Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) with a Company match provision
and more, visit our Corporate website for detailed information
NV Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
NV Energy - 18 months ago
As Nevada's dominant electric utility, NV Energy (formerly Sierra Pacific Resources) keeps casinos powered 24 hours a day. Subsidiaries...