This challenging role, as Executive Assistant, will support the Deputy CFO/Controller and Senior Vice President (SVP) Finance, who oversees approximately 265 people in the following areas:
PHILOSOPHY AND APPROACH:
- Corporate Development
- Office of Chief Actuary/Office of Risk Management
The qualified candidate will be a face to the organization and must be able to work independently and effectively with Senior Executives, their assistants and employees at all levels, as well as NYL business partners and external parties. This role requires exceptional collaboration and partnering skills. The ideal candidate should have strong writing and communication skills and aspire to excellence in all aspect of their work. This role requires a "thinker" with significant decision-making ability as this person will be empowered to act on behalf of the SVP. The ideal candidate should be flexible as priorities change, strong attention to detail and be able to handle highly confidential information.
TACTICAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Manage department project tracking list and SVP's daily priorities list assisting with the day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for coordinating multiple project(s) independently with little supervision.
- Support department with the creation of presentation packages and reports for meetings.
- Review and edit/revise documents
- Provide overall support for the SVP, including high volume phone coverage and complex business calendar/expense reports for both domestic and international travel.
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls and travel arrangements with high attention to detail and follow-up.
- Monitor and maintain daily e-mail traffic flow, responding and prioritizing for review/discussion with SVP.
- High School Diploma, Bachelors Degree preferred
- 10 years minimum experience as an Executive Assistant, Office Manager and/or Chief of Staff in a corporate environment
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up and decision making skills
- Flexibility in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrate initiative and exercise good judgment
- A willingness to work overtime, as necessary
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint and Lotus Notes
New York Life - 18 months ago
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual life...