About OpenDNS: OpenDNS is an Internet security company that’s transforming the way IT departments secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. In 2012 OpenDNS launched Umbrella, a new line of cloud-delivered Internet security services that, for the first time ever, allow IT departments to extend security off the network and actually protect users wherever they roam. OpenDNS built Umbrella on top of our rock-solid foundation: the world’s most loved and trusted DNS service that’s used today used by 50 million people around the world.
Working at OpenDNS means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with endless innovation, world-class research and unrivaled products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work. But don’t just take our word for it. We’ve seen nearly 100% year-over-year usage growth, have been cash flow positive since 2007, and we carry the endorsement of leading VC firms Sequoia Capital and Greylock Partners and thousands of happy customers.
About the position: OpenDNS is looking for a bright, organized, energetic and personable person to join as an Executive Assistant to the CEO. In this role you will help to support the CEO in building a world-class Internet security company. Some of your responsibilities will include scheduling meetings on a daily basis, coordinating travel, handling logistics for CEO-sponsored events, etc. You will also be responsible for creating and organizing office activities, regular company-wide events and our annual events.
This role is critical to the successful growth of our company. As we outgrow our current space, we’ll be adding more space and you’ll have to spend time working with the designers, the other executives, and HR to plan and ensure our new space is comfortable, fun, and yet functional.
If you’re looking for a role with your hands in lots of different projects and you’re interested in working for a fast paced startup, you’ll fit right in! This role is satisfying and puts you in the thick of things. It’s also demanding, this is a startup and expectations are high. The hours will sometimes be long. It also places you in the privileged and consequential position of acting as an extension of the CEO when dealing with business matters. Your integrity and trust are sacrosanct. Perfectionists are welcome.
To be candid, this role is particularly well suited for people who would describe themselves as “really good at the game of life.” If you you’re always bummed out about things and feel powerless to fix them, you probably won’t thrive in this role. If you feel like you’ve excelled in every role you’ve had and love to get things done (and done well), we want to talk to you. This role will report to the CEO, naturally.
Oh, and you must be wondering, “What happened to the last person who had this job?” Well, she ran away screaming and tearing out her hair. Just kidding, she’s now our HR manager and she’s writing this job description you’re reading.
• Handle all administrative responsibilities for the CEO and Executive Team (manage calendars, book travel, and schedule facilities and equipment).
• Cultivate a fun environment and improve team awesomeness (Organize mandatory fun time, happy hours, team lunches, etc).
• Schedule Board Meetings and other executive events.
• Oversee special projects and functions.
• Oversee a portion of the day to day office operations.
• Act as a liaison and representative of the CEO in business matters.
• BA or BS degree with a strong academic background preferred.
• You need to be really good at using a computer and the Internet. It’s 2013.
• Integrity beyond reproach and an understanding of how to maintain complete confidentiality on all business matters.
• Excellent organizational skills, timely and accurate submission of all correspondence.
• Enthusiastic and energetic with a positive attitude.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; enjoys challenges.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Developed interpersonal / communication skills with a high degree of professionalism.
• Exceptional writing skills.
• A strong aesthetic and confidence. Know what you like. Know what you don’t like.
• A capability to work independently.