Executive Assistant - New York
Scripps Networks Interactive is a global media company and the Leader in Lifestyle Media. Our power-house brands -- HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and Great American Country -- stimulate personal creativity, spark ingenuity and capture the joy of living richer and fuller lives. Whether remodeling a home, creating a meal or traveling the world, consumers know that life is celebrated on our channels. Join a company where committed, passionate people create some of the best loved and most respected brands in the business; brands that 170 million consumers connect with each month through unique, vibrant and engaging programming.
Cook with Us. Travel with Us. Make Your Home with Us .
Scripps Networks Interactive is actively seeking an Executive Assistant in New York.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer, International including project coordination, acting as liaison to the business, planning and scheduling meetings, answering and directing calls, planning and making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports, issuing recurring meeting reminders, organizing monthly departmental reports, taking staff meeting minutes, and other duties as needed. Additionally, this role will support the Vice President of Program Sales, International.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain all scheduling
- Serve as liaison to executive level personnel
- Write, edit, and design presentations and reports as directed by CFO using PowerPoint/Word/Keynote
- Develop, design and manipulate complex spreadsheets using Excel and database software
- Support management with ongoing projects acting as key coordination source for projects as directed
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks including making travel arrangements, maintaining information files, preparing and processing paperwork such as reports, presentations, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents as needed
- Read and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for intra-company and external meetings
- Provide information to internal employees and external vendors and partners via telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
Education and Experience
- Senior skill level in Excel with ability to develop complex spreadsheets, pivot tables, etc.
- Strong design and understanding of PowerPoint/Keynote/Word with ability to develop high-profile presentations with graphics, charts, etc. that visually appeal to media industry
- Superior organization skills with ability to act independently to coordinate projects and facilitate team activities under direction from supervisor
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and other office procedures and terminology
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Ability to manage sensitive and proprietary information with discretion and confidentiality
- Solid familiarity with the web and online tools and must be tech savvy with ability to research topics via the internet
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and strong critical thinking skills
- Must have innate ability to prioritize, organize and work out details, work under high pressure situations or under time constraints while multitasking, and support multiple team members
- Bachelor's degree preferred. High School diploma required
- Must have progressively responsible administrative experience, preferably in a fast-paced or global environment with a consistent track record of exceeding goals and expectations.
- International experiences a plus
Scripps Networks - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
There's something for every type of cook, from gourmets to toast-burners, on The Television Food Network. The cable channel, which is...