The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Sr. Vice President of Genetic Analysis and the Genetic Analysis senior management team. This position will anticipate, prioritize and successfully complete multiple tasks as required, as well as provide a high level of customer service internally and externally. The Executive Assistant has extensive exposure to confidential information requiring diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Coordinate travel arrangements, both domestic and international for multiple individuals, including checking and booking travel expenses.
- Maintain and manage the executives’ calendars
- Prepare and complete expense reports
- Support internal and external meetings. Prepare agendas, record, compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings
- Plan and organize external conferences, exhibitions, and annual global sales meetings
- Prepare conference rooms and place catering orders
- Work with internal and external contacts on a day-to-day basis, including corporate management, scientists, and customers
- Assist with and prepare PowerPoint presentations and Excel documents, letters, and contracts
- Screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently, as appropriate
- Order, organize, and maintain office supplies
- General clerical duties including photocopying, faxing, mailing.
High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
8+ years administrative experience supporting executive management required
Experience working in a public company and interacting with board members and investors highly preferred
Previous life science or biotechnology experience a plus
Proven experience making travel arrangements and working with an external travel agency
Strong knowledge and skill with MS office programs including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills, and organizational skills
Ability to multi-task and manage multiple calendars
Superior proofreading and editing skills to ensure accuracy and correct grammatical content of documents
Sequenom - 21 months ago