As one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the country - Quidsi, Inc., a subsidiary of Amazon, owns and operates ten e-commerce websites, the most well-known being Diapers.com (baby care) and Soap.com (health, beauty and household essentials), as well as BeautyBar.com, Wag.com, Casa.com, YoYo.com, Vine.com, AfterSchool.com, Bookworm.com and Look.com). We like to work hard and play hard, always striving to improve our business, our people, our culture and the experience for our customers.
We are seeking an exceptionally bright and self-motivated individual to support our CEO. The ideal candidate will possess emotional intelligence, superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple critical requests in a fast-paced environment. A good sense of humor is important, as are the ability to be flexible and to change direction at a moment’s notice. The successful candidate will be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, be able to take effective action without having to know the total picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems.
Additionally, the ideal candidate must be able to work successfully in a team environment, building effective working relationships inside and outside of the company, while keeping abreast of general business objectives, policies, standards, procedures and related information in order to maintain a comprehensive awareness of the organization. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important.
• Calendar management
• Travel coordination, both domestic and international
• Expense reporting
• Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
• Drive key team activities (such as staff meeting agendas, all hands meetings, brown bags, supply ordering, space planning and performance reviews)
• Coordination of training sessions, team events and social activities
• Have fun at work and help others do the same
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience assisting at the executive level in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly motivated, organized and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and dealing with professionals inside and outside the company
• Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
• Grace under pressure, and the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
• Positive, proactive and able to always exercise great judgment
• Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment; flexible
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines
This position is conveniently located in Jersey City, NJ, a four-minute ride from the World Trade Center and just outside the Exchange Place PATH Station. Bordering the Hudson River, our offices have spectacular panoramic views of Manhattan and New Jersey.
Quidsi, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Soap.com - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -