About the Team:|
The Global Supply Management (GSM) team is our strategic sourcing organization focused on leveraging the company’s scale to achieve the best possible price with the best possible quality, service and delivery among all categories of spend. In addition, the team maintains close alignment with the businesses to support overall strategies, and drives to a best-in-class sourcing organization using Stanley Fulfillment System principles.
The GSM Transportation team has an opportunity for an Executive Assistant in New Britain, CT. This position is responsible for providing support to our Vice President of Global Supply Management
Other projects as needed
- Maintain calendar and scheduling of appointments for the VP of Global Supply Management
- Arrange travel for VP and handle all expense reporting (concur)
- Review and approve expenses for all VP’s direct reports
- Responsible for putting together presentations on behalf of the VP as well as other project coordination responsibilities that are requested.
- Assists in organizing supplier conferences and other multiple day events
- Assists in the organization of the Global Supply Management Training classes
- Completes work for other GSM leadership/Employees as time permits (being flexible to customer requests is required)
- Orders Office Supplies
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff members when necessary
- Responds to customer inquiries/complaints in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Retrieve and follow up on email correspondence and mail. Opens, sorts, and distributes mail for assigned area. Develops written replies to routine correspondence or questions.
- Scheduling interviews for management
- Coordinate meetings and take meeting notes
- Arrange conference calls and Telepresence
- Maintain and track departmental budgets
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality
- Assist HR Manager with necessary team activities, including, but not limited to, communication meeting presentations, recognition events, quarterly team event planning, etc
- Assist HRM with recruiting and new hire activities including interview scheduling, recruiting, new hire on-boarding etc.
- Enter employee information into Peoplesoft and submit payroll files to outsourced payroll provider
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 2-5 years experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant
- Strong organizational skills, multitasking ability, prioritizing, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated multi-tasking ability – willingness to go above and beyond the job description to help any and all during times of need (even outside of the GSM department when necessary)
- Highly customer focused and responsive
- Ability to quickly interpret, summarize, and disseminate large volumes of information and data into actionable management information.
- Sets high expectations for self and the organization and has the ability and passion to rapidly learn
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Has the ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- High degree of credibility and integrity
- Strong analytical skills, project management, process and conceptual skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Advanced computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook email, etc. with the ability to type 50+ WPM
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Stanley Black & Decker - 14 months ago
In the 2013 issue of Forbes Magazine, Stanley Black & Decker ranked 17 out of 150 U.S. companies. Stanley Black & Decker outranked...