Join our movement
At Success Academy, we make history every single day. Our schools rank in the top 5% in New York State for reading, science, and math. We provide an exploration driven curriculum for grades K-8, focused on the whole child, teaching chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. Our communities are calling for more, and we are meeting this urgent demand with rapid expansion.
Are you ready to join this movement and make an indelible mark on education reform across New York City?
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to support both the CEO and the Special Assistant to the CEO. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. This person must enjoy always being on the go and assisting executives in executing their vision.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, under pressure, while remaining organized, flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- Manage a highly demanding executive each and every day ensuring she executes her schedule on time and fully prepared.
- Manage and prioritize a high volume of calls and responsibilities while ensuring the CEO and Special Assistant execute them on or before due dates.
- Travel alongside the CEO, take notes while in meetings, and ensure follow up is extracted and executed in a timely manner.
- Maintain an organized and up to date filing system and contact database.
- Arrange comprehensive travel itineraries including reservations, meetings, and other preparatory materials.
- Collaborate with department directors and school leaders to execute meetings, special projects, etc.
- Coordinate meals, assist in schools and other miscellaneous tasks as necessary and as directed by the CEO and the Special Assistant.
The ideal candidate for this position must have a Bachelor’s Degree and a high level of professionalism and organization. The candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful on this team.
- Customer service orientation. Employing diplomacy in all interactions.
- Organization. Keeps track of projects and deadlines, and communicates progress in real-time.
- Problem-solving. Approaches challenges in creative ways and finds thoughtful solutions.
- Oral and written communication. Comfort addressing a variety of audiences with a knowledgeable and friendly demeanor. Audiences include government officials, vendors, school staff, parents, and students.
- Strategic Problem Solving. Ability to think logically through each step of a project.
- Speed, Precision, and Accuracy: Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with speed, precision and accuracy.
- Extraordinary Attention to Detail. Ability to think critically about the details of a task at hand.
- Flexibility. Ability to adjust quickly to constantly changing priorities and responsive to feedback. Ability to work long hours and on weekends as necessary.
- Dedication to Mission. A genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and support our schools.
- Collaboration . Ability to work with teammates in a professional and solutions oriented manner.
- Beyond Z Attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization .
Please upload a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience. Your cover letter should explain why you would succeed as an Executive Assistant at Success Academy.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what's possible in public education. Our schools rank in the top 1% in math and top 3% in English...