Job Overview: As a member of the SunOpta Food Solutions teams, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the General Manager, site leaders, accounting department and Human Resources, and for coordinating various office projects internally and off-site.
- Provides general upkeep of the lobby area to maintain a professional office environment.
- Communicates with vendors, customers, employees and visitors.
- Coordinates the receipt and delivery of all incoming and outgoing packages.
- Evaluates supply accounts and negotiates pricing with outside vendors to support General Manager.
- Maintains key control/badge access system and disperses access badges, cell phones and office equipment.
- Routes receiving reports, bills of lading and incoming mail to appropriate parties.
- Codes all invoices/payables to set them up for payment and approval process, including shipping invoices from UPS and FedEx.
- Coordinates the ordering and delivery of office supplies, cleaning supplies, first aid items and uniforms for the facility.
- Verifies staffing agency billings against sign-in sheets and provides weekly temp usage report to General Manager.
- Coordinates with staffing agencies to fill site staffing needs in a timely manner.
- Facilitates ordering and delivery of business cards for employees.
- Reconciles credit card statements and transfers information to expense reports for accounting.
- Maintains all licenses and permits for the facility and maintains log for contractor sign-in and sign-out.
- Tracks training for all non-exempt staff including food safety, good manufacturing practices, forklift certification, lockout/tagout, confined space entry, etc.
- Monitors security system footage in response to complaints or injury.
- Assists as needed with copying of projects, faxing, and shipping documents.
- Not required for this position.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
- HS diploma or GED required and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College degree from a college or university is desired, but not required.
- Bilingual fluency (verbal and written) in both English and Spanish is required.
- Requires intermediate ability in MS Word and Excel (formulas, sort/move/copy data) and strong keyboarding skills, 50 – 60 wpm preferred. Oracle software experience is a plus, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills required.
- Dependability, professionalism and good attendance/punctuality are also required.
SunOpta Inc. - 19 months ago
SunOpta is a leading global company with a focus on natural, organic and specialty foods. We specialize in the sourcing, processing and...