About The Climate Corporation
The Climate Corporation’s mission is to help all the world’s people and businesses manage and adapt to climate change. To achieve our mission, we have built a unique technology platform to enable, for the first time, the real-time pricing and purchasing of customizable weather insurance. Managing over 200 TB of data, including 34 trillion+ weather simulation data points, 150 billion soil type observations, and more than 3 million daily weather measurements, we are one of the largest users of Amazon Web Services.
The Climate Corporation is focused on the enormous challenge and opportunity of protecting the $3 trillion global agriculture industry from the financial impact of adverse weather – the cause of over 90 percent of crop loss – with fully automated weather insurance products. We are also building web and mobile applications that unleash the power of our unique data and analyses to help farmers manage their daily work with field-level weather and crop insights.
At The Climate Corporation, leaving a mark on the world is in our DNA; we want to make a lasting and meaningful real-world impact. We relish big problems because they are the most interesting to tackle, the most rewarding, and typically, the most valuable to solve. We also thrive on finding the possible in the impossible.
If you are the best at what you do, you like solving interesting problems, and you are looking for like-minded people dedicated to having a major impact on the world, we are eager to talk with you.
See our video about what it's like to work at The Climate Corporation: http://vimeo.com/30337352
The Executive Assistant will perform administrative and project support primarily for the Chief Legal Officer
What You Will Do
- Act as gatekeeper, first point of contact for CLO’s office. Decide what inquiries, meetings, and requests are priorities, what is/isn’t worth CLO’s time, and what can be delegated to other team members, etc.
- Heavy project management and support for CLO. EA will manage the running list of all projects CLO is working on and will coordinate with CLO, team members, external vendors to ensure steady progress is made on projects each week.
- Heavy calendar management for CLO. EA will ensure CLO’s schedule runs smoothly and CLO’s time is being used in the most efficient way possible.
- Plan and manage travel arrangements on behalf of the CLO to ensure a smooth trip.
- Light email correspondence on behalf of the CLO.
- Meeting coordination (e.g. webex, video conference).
- Provide support to the Finance and Legal Departments with scheduling meetings and making travel arrangements for meetings and conferences.
- Shadow meetings, take notes and provide specific administrative follow up to these meetings as needed.
- Complete expense reports and monthly credit card reporting for CLO and department heads.
What We Offer
- 3+ years of Executive Administrative experience with a history of delivering high quality results under pressure
- Experience managing multiple time sensitive projects
- Excellent organization, creative thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to improving systems and processes to help the organization work more efficiently
- High integrity, ethical, with ability to act with discretion in sensitive matters
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- BA/BS from a reputable University
- A driven, motivated and talented team
- Energetic, idea-driven and transparent work environment
- Exciting, world-changing opportunity - weather impacts consumers and a multitude of businesses – The Climate Corporation is striving to do something very big about something that affects everyone
- Award-winning offices in SOMA area of San Francisco
- Competitive salary and great benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, 401(k), paid vacation, paid sick and paid holidays)
The Climate Corporation - 15 months ago