Title: Executive Assistant
Hewitt Implementation Date: September 2011
Reports To: Senior Vice President or Above
Salary Grade: L
Department: Senior Administrative Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provides administrative support function to the executive office. This second administrative chair serves as back-up support to the Administrative Manager in the Executive office. Assists with a wide-variety of projects ranging from routine to moderately complex. May act as team leader to plan and coordinate various projects/assignments. Proactively anticipates needs of principals and guests. Drafts documents, manages calendars, submits expense reports, reconciles petty cash account, processes and logs correspondence. Answers telephone and logs calls as appropriate. Greets internal and external guests to ensure they are welcomed and attended to. Handles all communication with dignity, grace and discretion. Prepares presentations. Plans for large meeting and ensures every detail is considered and well-prepared, to include catering as appropriate. Manages office supply inventory. Exercises discretion and resourcefulness to solve day-to-day problems. Proactively conducts research to prepare CEO and other executives for anticipated questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Provide assistance by performing various administrative/secretarial duties to ensure efficient office operation.
- Perform word processing and desktop publishing to include presentations, spreadsheet and graphs; transcribe information of a sensitive nature; may be required to take meeting and/or conference call minutes.
- Review and edit written material to ensure accuracy, neatness, correct punctuation and grammar; recommend changes to improve readability and clarity.
- Research, compile and summarize information to formulate correspondence and respond to various inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Screen mail and callers, respond to and route inquiries to appropriate personnel; determine importance of various issues and determine what major issues should be brought to the attention of the department head and/or department members.
- Coordinate, assist in planning, prepare agenda and monitor meetings; maintain calendar(s) and travel requests.
- Maintain confidential and specialized files, records and reports.
- Actively promote and ensure clear communication within the department and facilitate inter-departmental communication.
- Manage and coordinate projects and programs to ensure high quality end results within given timeframe.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and operate with professional discretion at all times.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to interface with all levels of company employees to include senior executives and officials from outside the company. Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Requires a functional knowledge of corporate operations and reasonable business acumen.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Ability to establish priorities, juggle multiple demands successfully and bring priorities to a close.
- Anticipation of executive needs and initiative are key to successful executive support.
- Planning and organization skills are extremely critical to ensure smooth office operation; ability to operate the front office seamlessly without executive input.
- Requires flexibility to meet the needs/schedules of senior leaders.
- Independent judgment required for problem solving.
- Work requires demonstrated proficiency of current office technology and software application(s), and demonstrated use of such technology/applications on a regular basis. (MS Office Suite, Sharepoint, etc).
- Some early morning and late evening hours may be required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum five (5) years professional administrative support experience to include at least two (2) consecutive years of experience supporting a senior executives..
Works in an office environment. May require frequent bending, stooping, reaching and prolonged sitting and/or standing. May require regular lifting usually not exceeding 15 lbs. May be required to have a valid State of Georgia driver's license and be fully insurable for the purpose of obtaining clearance on company "Authorized Drivers List".
The Housing Authority of the City of Atlanta (AHA) - 14 months ago