University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ )
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Executive Assistant in the Human Services Group of University Research Co., LLC will report on a primary basis to one of the executives and on a secondary basis to the Executive Assistant to the Chairman. The primary responsibilities of the position will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide administrative support, often of a confidential nature, to the Executive, and secondarily to the Executive Assistant, including:
- Managing the Executive’s calendar
- Scheduling, coordinating and maintaining calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries
- Drafting and proofreading correspondence
- Developing and formatting presentations
- Processing travel and expense vouchers
- Processing signature and mailing requests
- Establishing and managing confidential filing systems
- Answering and screening telephone calls and taking accurate messages,
- Sorting and prioritizing mail
- Word processing of reports and memos
- Updating and improving existing administrative office systems
- Provide administrative and general clerical support to the Executive Assistant and two senior executives in key areas that include: telecommunications, filing and improving administrative systems, scheduling of meetings and appointments, and processing expense vouchers.
- Assist in organizing complex proposal packages and mailings, and prepare PowerPoint slides for presentations.
- Use QuickBooks to maintain financial records.
- Perform basic market research, Excel data entry, and analysis.
- Receive and direct visitors and guests to conference rooms, and provide any necessary supplies.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Note: You must currently be eligible to work long-term in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position requiring executive-level administrative management skills, forward planning, initiative, imagination, and ingenuity for performing day-to-day tasks that will ensure assignments are completed on schedule and that office procedures function smoothly preferred.
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail and able to resolve routine problems.
- Self-motivated with initiative to ask questions for clarification.
- Track record for being a person of discretion, judgment, tact, poise and professionalism who can maintain confidentiality with all sensitive issues and documents.
- Reliable, resourceful and results-oriented professional who can prioritize tasks and handle pressures in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Flexible with ability to adapt to changing work priorities
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Professional appearance in dress and manner essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with all levels of a diverse staff.
- Very strong organizational skills and detail orientation with strong multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly, adapt to change effectively, and anticipate the needs of the Executive.
- Exceptional customer service, problem solving and time management skills.
- Advanced skills with MS Outlook calendar management and scheduling multiple calendars.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with QuickBooks.
- A college degree in business or related field is strongly desired.
- Must be currently eligible to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time without visa sponsorship.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers .
Please cut and paste your cover letter and upload your CV where indicated. Also, please complete your application form as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 18 months ago