Facilities Department. Performs a wide range of support for the Chief Legal Officer of the company and his/her direct reports relieving such individuals of administrative duties often of a highly confidential, legal and complex nature. Professionally represents the department to the greater organization as well as external contacts. Serves as a central point of contact within the department, creates and leads departmental activity and events in partnership with the Director of Operations such as departmental meeting planning and management dashboard creation. Other functions include new hire orientation, equipment/asset allocation, resolution of ad hoc issues. Initiative and judgment are required in the absence of specific directions from management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Provides administrative support to the Chief Legal Officer and his/her direct reports. Judgement and initiative are required.
- Professionally and positively represents the department both internally and externally as a primary representative for Legal, Risk, Compliance, Sourcing, & Facilities.
- Coordinates Chief Legal Officer’s schedule, makes appointments, and arranges and coordinates travel schedules of Chief Legal Officer’s and, as required, his/her direct reports.
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming calls determining those which can be handled by subordinates to the Chief Legal Officer.
- Assists in the preparation of administrative reports, performs difficult and/or sensitive information gathering, computes statistics, and distributes such reports to the appropriate people.
- Processes T&E reimbursements for Chief Legal Officer’s and, as required, his/her reports.
- Tracks and reports legal expenses and estimates of legal expenses for Department and the company, interfacing with outside legal counsel where required to perform this function.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail as well as preparing outgoing mail and other correspondence. Responds to incoming mail and other materials not requiring the attention of the Chief Legal Officer and, as required, his/her direct reports.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, including coordinating with IT and facilities personnel within company to facilitate technology (audio-visual) required for such meetings.
- Contacts key executives, board members, external management personnel, and other persons important to the company as required by Counsel to transmit information and obtain data.
- Strives to positively impact departmental culture by initiating team building activities, employee recognition events, and recreational opportunities.
- Types letters and reports from rough drafts, making changes in grammar, punctuation or spelling as needed.
- Organizes and maintains confidential file system and files correspondence and other records.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Advance organizational skills required. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Communication skills and rapid response will be essential for success in this role. Work requires ability to properly read and write well enough to type, edit, and proof general business correspondence and prepare reports as normally acquired through completion of a college education (associates or bachelors degree preferred). Work requires professional business acumen, the development of an in-depth knowledge of company policies, procedures, and operations in order to assume a variety of administrative details usually acquired in five or more years of secretarial/administrative/paralegal experience including at least three years with a company. Experience and proficiency with Microsoft office products, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is necessary. Lead Departmental Administration and/or Paralegal certification, training/experience a plus.
1. Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like.
2. Extended viewing of computer screen.