Provide executive administrative support of highly complex and responsible nature in a team-oriented fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Support Chief Human Resources Officer:
· Provide administrative support to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
· Initiate, proofread and edit correspondence and documents.
· Attend meetings and take minutes as requested.
· Maintain the Chief Human Resources Officer calendar and ensure no scheduling conflicts.
· Coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries.
· Monitors payments, timesheets, and expense reports.
· Provide assistance for special projects as needed.
· Draft, edit, and review internal/external correspondence/communication
· Prepare and coordinate materials used in department presentations, meetings, and company functions.
· Coordinate schedule(s) for meetings, arrange appointments and oversee corporate calendar.
Support Board Committees:
· Provide administrative support to the HR & Comp Committee of the Board of Directors.
· Organize, assemble and distribute meeting materials. Plan and implement logistics for board meetings and conference calls.
· Maintain committees’ records and files.
· Coordinate meeting and communications for board committees.
· Attend meetings and take minutes as requested.
Event Planning and Coordination:
· Responsible for meeting and event planning and execution.
· Attend meetings and support when needed.
General Office Support:
· Maintain department records and files.
· Determine needs for supplies and specialized equipment; research and determination of vendors and prices.
· Track and report payroll information.
· Handle meeting and catering arrangements.
· Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
· Participates in the Administrative Resource Team and other committees as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Pro-active – an ability to anticipate the needs of the executive and act on that need
· Ability to research vendor prices and negotiate more favorable rates.
· Mature and practical with well-developed, problem solving skills.
· A proactive “can do” attitude with an ability to take initiative.
· Flexible with the ability to respond to and remain calm in a quickly changing and fast paced work environment.
· Ability to cope with the stress of continuous time pressures, including discerning priorities and scheduling appropriately while being highly diplomatic.
· Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Knowledge and sensitivity to issues, priorities, protocol, etc.
· Work with highly sensitive information in a confidential manner
· Ability to communicate clearly and distinctly with visitors and telephone callers, providing courteous and accurate information and service.
· Flexible to changing needs and priorities.
· Ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
· Position requires professionalism, discretion, initiative and a positive attitude.
· Work independently with little supervision, using excellent judgment.
· Equivalent to completion of high school some college or Associates degree preferred. Post high school or specialized office procedure training is desirable.
· Four years of increasingly responsible experience involving at least one year of administrative office support services to a manager at an executive, division or department head level.
· Experience supporting a Board of Directors or a Board Committee is highly desirable.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
· Ability to initiate and implement multiple projects with minimal supervision and to shift priorities when necessary.
· Creative in developing methods or procedures to resolve recurring problems or implement new projects.
· Ability to learn quickly and be sensitive to issues, priorities, protocol, etc.
· Ability to plan and implement meetings and events.
· Highly organized, attention to detail.
· Excellent ability to prepare correspondence and reports and to proofread and edit documents.
· Ability to take detailed and accurate minutes.
· Demonstrated telephone skills.
· Ability to track expenses, to provide preliminary analysis and develop budget recommendations and projections.
· Ability to maintain expense records.
· Strong PC skills [Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint for Windows].
· Ability to coordinate maintenance of office supplies and maintenance and repair of equipment.
· Ability to track and report payroll information.
· Ability to analyze policies and procedures and to recommend and implement administrative changes for the department.
· Ability to schedule meetings and make travel arrangements.
· Ability to maintain department records and files.
Washington Dental Service - 5 months ago
Washington Dental Service, a member of the Delta Dental Plans Association, is the leading dental benefits company in the state of...