POSITION: Executive Assistant for Championships and Alliances
Provide executive support, office management, event planning and execution and represent the championships and alliances executive offices internally and externally via telephone and in person. This work will be directly connected with the responsibilities that supports up to three executives in the championships and alliances group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
a. Assist with internal and external schedules, travel and meeting arrangements and communication. Assist with keeping the assigned executives on schedule on a daily basis. Adjust schedules when necessary.
b. Ability to support multiple championships and alliances executives and provide and promote leadership, cooperation, guidance and team support to administrative and executive support staff.
c. Draft, format and prepare general correspondence, minutes, strategic plans, and forms for the championships and alliances executives.
d. Perform initial review of projects related to student-athlete well-being; employment candidates; internal staff operations and related tasks thereof. Assist with follow-up on status and timelines for projects assigned by the championships executive staff.
e. Plan, oversee and execute assigned responsibilities related to marketing and broadcast alliances, events, championships, sport and governance committee meetings. This will include extended travel to one or more championships per year as required and approved by the championships executive staff.
f. Assure quality control of correspondence and other external communications for staffs supervised by assigned championships executives.
g. Handle incoming calls from the membership and general public including media outlets, affiliated organizations and parents of student-athletes and provide information as possible and direct calls to correct administrator to provide needed information.
h. Process expense reports as assigned.
i. Print, handle and file e-mails and other documents; insure the confidentiality of documents and other materials that are highly sensitive and of high importance to the office.
j. Perform additional functions as assigned by the executives. As determined, be available to work additional hours.
k. Coordinate regular meetings of championships and alliances support staff members.
l. Handle various projects as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
1. Knowledge of NCAA structure, programs and purpose and/or experience as an NCAA administrative assistant required.
2. High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
3. A minimum of five years' administrative assistant experience required.
4. Excellent executive assistant skills including word-processing experience (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and PDAs), web and video conferencing, accurate word processing, typing, proofreading and various offices essentials required.
5. Ability to work with little or no supervision to meet deadlines and agreed upon completion dates.
6. Ability to balance multiple priorities required; independently plan and organize events related to the office.
7. Strong communications skills required.
8. Ability to handle calls related to complaints and inquiries regarding operations from the membership and/or general public.
9. Knowledge of NCAA writing style preferred and above average written and oral communication skills essential.
Daily: Championships and alliances staff; administrative services; student-athlete affairs; media and corporate partners’ contacts, membership; tournament host institutions, conferences and local organizing committees. General public, other NCAA staff members and external stakeholders (i.e., Turner/CBS, ESPN, Corporate Champions and Partners, etc.).
National Collegiate Athletic Association - 8 months ago