The Executive Assistant supports the President/Chief Executive Officer with his or her day-to-day administrative needs and organizational duties. This person will also work with the Board Chair (and other board chairs and board committee and council chairs as assigned) of Oakwood Lutheran Homes Association, Inc., and related corporations in achieving the overall goals and mission of the Organization. This person is accountable to the President/Chief Executive Officer.
1. Responsible for the effective coordination and follow-through of the activities and commitments of the President/Chief Executive Officer by producing and managing an integrated master calendar of key events, dates, and deadlines that are critical to the conduct of the organization’s business.
2. Manages the flow of information; including a high level of very sensitive material and highly confidential in nature, with a high degree of discretion, via phone, email, inter-campus, and US mail to the boards of directors, committees, councils, management, staff, residents and families, public, vendors, and other organizations.
3. Coordinates the meetings and agendas for each Boards of Directors Meetings, as well as the Board Packets, New Member Orientations, Annual Meeting, Board Handbook, and Master Calendar of all Boards, Committees, and Councils. Records the minutes for board meetings; and as needed, the executive sessions. Assists with the development and implementation of the Board Key Performance Indicator Dashboard. Updates board related information on the Board Portal.
4. Responsible for ensuring smooth and successful meetings that are associated with the responsibilities of the President/Chief Executive Officer. This includes the overall arrangements and details of scheduling meeting rooms, preparing agendas, catering menus, room set-up, and equipment needs.
5. Functions as the executive assistant to the President/Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Management Team as assigned by the President/CEO; creating correspondence, reports, and other materials; coordinating travel arrangements, assisting with projects, ability to manage all aspects of mailings, etc.
6. Responsible for the overall organization and day-to-day needs of the Office Suite, including the coordination of office supplies, space, equipment, and furniture through the appropriate parties in the Oakwood organization.
7. Maintains President/Chief Executive Officer direct report personnel records and documents; including records or reports required by local, state, and federal agencies. Manages process to account for paid time off for direct reports to the President/Chief Executive Officer.
8. Facilitates regularly scheduled meetings with fellow administrative professionals throughout the organization in order to foster administrative support efficiencies and effectiveness.
9. Performs other duties as necessary.
1. Knowledge of executive level of office management.
2. Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
3. Works independently with little supervision.
4. Experience with meeting practices and the recording of minutes.
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Experience with Microsoft SharePoint preferred.
6. Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and relate well to the elderly, understanding them and the issues affecting them.
7. Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions.
8. Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
9. Ability to maintain and protect the confidentiality of information.
10. Must be poised, patient, courteous, and maintain a professional manner.
11. Willingness to work a flexible schedule to achieve the needs of the campus.
12. Ability to work as a team member that fosters a team approach in meeting the mission of Oakwood.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
2. Minimum of five to seven years of executive administrative experience is required.
3. Administrative support experience in health care or related field preferred.
Oakwood Village - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Helping older adults lead lives of growth, happiness, health and security has been the focus of Oakwood Lutheran Senior Ministries for more...