The Executive Administrative Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the CIO. Requires the ability to interact well with all levels of employees and with sensitive information, ability to multi-task effectively and be extremely well organized, as well as the ability to represent the executive(s) and the company in a very professional manner. Must be able to thrive in a fast paced dynamic organization. Must be analytical, pro-active, take independent action, be intuitive, and communicate planning, organizing or scheduling issues to executive(s). In addition to the above responsibilities, the Executive Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for any functional programs as needed as well and lead for the other Departmental EA within IT.
- Prepares and edits very complex and highly confidential correspondence and reports.
- Incorporates in-depth knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedures to facilitate various actions for the executive(s).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
-Customer service-focused with an ability to work collaboratively with others.
-Must demonstrate positive and helpful demeanor.
- Approach challenges with a solutions-minded perspective.
- Demonstrate a professional, positive, highly-energized, approachable attitude.
- Perform successfully in high pressure situations with strict deadlines
- Assists in preparation of presentation materials, organize and prepare any status updates for weekly staff meetings, Functional All Hands and any other important meetings or Engineering Events.
- Provides general administrative support including faxing, filing, photocopying, presentations, mail, email, and internal and external communications.
- Coordinates high level confidential conference calls.
- Prepares expense reports, coordinate travel arrangements.
- Manages Dept org chart, calendars, contact lists, conference room booking, schedules appointments, meetings, and occasional food orders for meetings, etc.
- Organizes and tracks signature requests for checks, req's, offers requests, PTO, contracts, leases, invoices, etc.
- Manage internal and external communications as appropriate.
- Answers phone extensions and take messages; field incoming calls and screen and greet visitors; screen appointment requests.
- Performs other special projects as needed
- Holds Monthly Admin meetings.
- Coordinates backup support (vacation/sick days).
- Coordinates workload between Exec Admins (help when someone is overloaded).
- Responsible for managing hiring needs of admin staff.
- Mentors/assimilates newly hired admin(s).
- 7-10 years of recent experience in an executive level position supporting a Sr. Level Executive or Higher. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, follow through, and be self-directed.
- Must be multi-task oriented, flexible and detail oriented.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft office suite products including Excel, MS word, and Power-Point.
- BA/BS degree highly preferred and/or professional certification or relevant work experience.
Brocade leads the industry in providing comprehensive network solutions that help the world’s leading organizations transition...