The incumbent is responsible for providing executive-level administrative support the CIO and some members of the local IT leadership team. The incumbent will anticipate and resolve administrative needs including last minute meeting requests, unforeseen calendar changes and, unexpected international travel reservations, all taken care of with ease, autonomy, and proper follow through with stakeholders. The incumbent will thrive in an environment where priorities change daily, and where he/she wears many hats, is focused, detailed-oriented and thrives in a fast paced environment. He/she is able to think "outside the box" and prioritize tasks and decisions in a timely manner. The incumbent will look for ways to improve current processes, and to produce high-quality results. He/she will balance his/her workload by prioritizing tasks and requests according to executive goals and deadlines. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to making extensive travel arrangements, expense reports, calendar management, and event scheduling and planning. Other responsibilities include: arranging management meetings with participants in different geographies, managing office needs, and arranging critical internal and external events.
• Performs complex administrative duties, involving contact with and exposure to highly confidential materials and information
• Coordinates with other IT administrative assistants helping to drive alignment and consistency of communication/approach across IT
• Develops, maintains, and communicates IT function processes and procedures
• Demonstrates ability to draft basic correspondence / documents and proofs work to ascertain communication is clear in tone and error free
• Manages and maintains departments electronic mailing lists
• Maintains assigned tasks on intranet site
• Ensures at all times that the department is orderly, office supplies are stocked and departmental mail is distributed
• Manage invoice and PO processes, including consultancy fees, vendors, etc.
• Assists with meeting management for the ITLT, including but not limited to the creation of the agenda for the ITLT, and participation in meetings, as needed, to capture minutes, key decisions, and follow-up actions.
• Helps to organize offsite meetings, team events, etc.
• Ensures that all appointments are timely and accurately scheduled, maintains Outlook calendar accurately, manages decision making on scheduling of appointments, manages and coordinates meetings utilizing meeting planning skills (including confirming attendees in advance.)
• Utilizes professional phone etiquette, accurate and detailed message taking techniques, timely routing of all messages, and organization of phone coverage.
• Responds to requests for information from internal employees and external vendors in a timely manner.
• Coordinate travel accommodations (both domestic and international)
• A minimum of 12 years of office administration experience with prior experience supporting executives required
• A high school degree, or equivalent, is required
• Ability to hear and speak to employees/management and outside business associates on the phone and in person
• Ability to sit for long hours at a time
• Ability to see the letters and numbers on a personal computer screen and on memoranda, reports and other documents (near vision)
• Requires moderate right and left hand coordination for the use of the personal computer
• Must maintain a professional image/demeanor
Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Shire is committed to a diverse workforce. US Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 484-595-8400.
Shire - 5 months ago
Shire plc (Shire) is a specialty biopharmaceutical company that focuses on meeting the needs of the specialist physician. Shire focuses its...