The Management Trust
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant, Palm Desert, CA
Hourly - Non-Exempt
The Management Trust, www.managementtrust.com, is a premier community association management company with 150 years of community management experience, which together bring a promise of innovation and industry leadership. That spirit is readily apparent in our status as the only 100% employee-owned company in the community management industry. We currently serve six states (AZ, CA, CO, NV, OR, WA) and are rapidly growing.
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENTS:
Within the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
To provide high level executive administrative support to the General Manager (GM) in a hands on manner to effectively improve the Operations function across all divisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Professional Customer Service Attitude and Demeanor.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with senior management and staff effectively and be flexible with respect to changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Self motivated individual who demonstrates initiative, flexibility, and problem solving.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to learn and effectively use various computer programs.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Database management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Work in a fast paced office with a variety of different personalities.
- Ability to follow procedures with attention to detail.
- Ability to work without supervision and take direction when given.
- Assists the GM with daily operations.
- Knowledge of basic accounts payable and accounts receivable processes and general accounting procedures and principles.
- Excellent data entry and update skills.
- Responsible for preparing payables without further supervision. Compete all payables within the timeframe required by corporate to ensure that the associations operate without interruption of services or supplies. This includes matching invoices received with corresponding approved purchase orders and work orders and guarantee items/services received. Responsible for coding invoices with appropriate vendor and general ledger account codes, attaching pertinent documentation to submit to the corporate office.
- Prepared payments for all payables by picking up checks from Management company corporate office and reviewing them for accuracy. Coordinating the signing of the checks by Board Members.
- Assist GM with the preparation of monthly income and expense variance report stating specific cause of variance.
- Responsible for process accounts receivable for dog tags and gate entry tags.
- Produces board packets in a timely manner as dictated by the individual associations.
- Maintain homeowner files and association business files including filing of paperwork and year end file set up.
- Prepare, review and track all notifications of scheduled hearings regarding homeowner accounts. Notify corporate accounting department of appropriate assignment of fines.
- Maintain and update the new owner information packets as needed.
- Upon closing of an escrow as notified by the corporate office, prepare a New Owners packet for mailing to the owner. This includes the set-up of information in the gate access system and notification to all appropriate staff members for updating additional databases.
- Meet with new owners upon request and review new owner information packets.
- Schedules and maintains manager meeting calendar.
- Attends meetings as required by GM.
- Creates and utilizes approved forms and spreadsheets.
- Type minutes from Association meetings.
- Type minutes from committee meetings as directed.
- Produces letters as instructed by GM.
- Create meeting agendas, notifications and follow up items.
- Make high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the association.
- Maintain security of confidential information.
- Interact with customers, senior-level executives and all other levels of employees on a professional basis.
- Provide backup assistance in other job duties as required.
The Management Trust - 15 months ago