The Head of Global Partnerships at TED is looking for an Executive Assistant. The ideal candidate should have at least 3-5 years of experience supporting executives at a high volume company and must be inspired by TED's mission. A PR/Marketing background would be greatly valued. The candidate should be organized, analytical, calm and comfortable managing many calendar items and multiple projects at one time in a startup-like environment, with a desire to get things done as expediently as possible.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a tightly-packed and constantly changing daily schedule of meetings, interviews and phone calls. Rearranging logistics on the fly. Taking meeting notes on occasion and scheduling follow-ups. Keeping the partnership team 'trains' running on time.
- Screening incoming calls, emails and requests; prioritizing items for follow-up; corresponding with key business contacts as needed.
- Working with TED's partnership team to field and prioritize incoming requests for meetings, media appearances and conference attendance.
- Maintaining professional relations with partners and clients on a global scale.
- Coordinating with the key managers on the partnership team to ensure smooth, open communication. This includes scheduling one-on-one meetings and rapidly relaying information when needed, helping to connect various team members to make sure projects are moving forward.
- Keeping open lines of communication with the full staff.
- Scheduling and planning business travel, including detailed day-by-day itineraries.
- Providing onsite support at TED events: prepping notes; planning detailed daily itineraries with multiple engagements from one-on-one meetings to large gatherings.
- Assisting with post-event correspondence and follow-up, including updating contacts and following up on all queries.
- Handling reimbursement forms, for business expenses as well as medical expenses and health benefit.
- Special projects, which may include topical research, budget planning, project flow management, task force management against the development of new initiatives and product launches.
Education and Experience
- Excellent communication, organizational, management and scheduling skills
- Able to travel
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years EA experience
- Background in PR/Marketing a plus
- Proficient in Google docs/calendar, Microsoft Office and MAC
- Familiarity with Keynote, Dropbox, Skype