The Director of both the TEDx and TED Prize programs is looking for an Executive Assistant. The ideal candidate should have at least 3-5 years experience supporting executives, and must be inspired by TED's mission. The candidate should be organized, analytical, calm and comfortable managing many calendar items and concurrent projects in a startup-like environment. The role may expand to doing some coordination work for TEDx team at-large, as well as administration support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing a tightly-packed and constantly changing daily schedule of meetings, interviews, media engagements and phone calls. Re-arranging logistics on the fly.
- Take meeting notes and scheduling follow-ups. Keeping the TEDx and TED Prize projects on track.
- Screening incoming calls, emails and requests; prioritizing items for follow-up; corresponding with key contacts as needed
- Coordinating with the key managers on the TEDx and TED Prize teams, to ensure smooth, open communication. This includes scheduling one-on-one meetings and rapidly relaying information when needed
- Keeping open lines of communication with the entire TEDx and TED Prize team
- Scheduling and planning business travel, including detailed day-by-day itineraries
- Providing onsite support at TED events: prepping stage notes and presentations; planning detailed daily itineraries with multiple engagements from stage appearances to one-on-one meetings to large gatherings;
- Assisting with post-event correspondence and follow-up, including updating contacts and following up on all queries.
- Handling reimbursement forms
- Trafficking and filing project contracts.
- Special projects, which may include planning team events; handling outreach to key contacts; topical research.
A passion for TED and a broad interest in the world -- including science/technology, design/architecture, global development, entertainment/arts -- are big pluses. Also: We only hire extremely nice people.
- 3-5 years' experience in assisting senior managers
- Bachelor's degree
- Fluency in Google apps and Microsoft Office.
- Strong familiarity with Keynote/Powerpoint presentation software
- Strong writing skills
TED - 8 months ago