The International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) is a nonprofit scientific organization founded in 1996 whose mission is to ensure the development of safe, effective, accessible, preventive HIV vaccines for use throughout the world. IAVI will help advance the development of an AIDS vaccine by: 1) Adding value to the HIV vaccine field by identifying opportunities and gaps in vaccine discovery and development where IAVI’s capabilities can best be leveraged and add the most value, 2) Partnering to advance quality HIV vaccine candidates to the clinic, 3) Ensuring that investments in HIV prevention and AIDS vaccine R&D remain central to the public policy and international health and development agendas by serving as a voice for the field in partnership with stakeholders and donors. IAVI is a young, dynamic and mission-driven organization, and the work environment is fast-paced and intellectually stimulating, relying on the good cheer and high level of collaboration amongst its committed staff members.
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CFO
Location: New York, NY
The ideal candidate for this position will have a keen attention to detail, the ability to prioritize workload, handle sensitive information, be well organized and multi-task in a smart and timely fashion. The individual must also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and is expected to maintain confidentiality and exhibit discretion and professionalism in all activities. S/he should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. S/he should enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an executive within an international organization and be able to achieve cross-functional coordination across programs and departments. S/he will need to be dynamic, high-energy, and possess excellent judgment.
IAVI recognizes that each candidate brings a unique set of skills/areas of knowledge. The candidate we are looking for should have a good combination of the following:
- Support the CFO in a variety of administrative tasks including but not limited to managing the CFO’s calendar, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, preparing presentations, and screening incoming calls and correspondence and responding independently when possible;
- Prepare and submit invoices and reconcile credit card statements on behalf of the CFO;
- In the CFO’s absence, manage all communications with the CFO’s direct reports;
- Provide administrative support to all units reporting to the CFO;
- Provide occasional back-up support for the receptionist or other executive assistants across the organization;
- Review all mail and documents requiring CFO’s follow-up;
- When the CFO chairs meetings: prepare agenda in advance; coordinate meetings; develop and disseminate background information; and if required t ake minutes and prepare summary action reports from meetings;
- Manage and improve systems to enable the CFO to work more efficiently;
- Manage distribution of materials on behalf of the CFO;
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files;
- Arrange messenger services and package pick-up as required;
- Occasionally support facilities management and operations;
- Develop and maintain a system that alerts the CFO to upcoming deadlines on incoming requests or events; ensuring these are coordinated with the appropriate internal functions (e.g. Research and Development or External Relations).
- Understand organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
- Occasionally assist the CFO in a variety of personal tasks related to correspondence, scheduling, and travel;
- Work on special projects as requested and perform other duties as necessary.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years or equivalent work-related experience proving administrative support in a high-energy environment
- Detail-oriented, well-organized and able to maintain a high level of professionalism
- Works well under pressure and able to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as within a team environment
- Flexible work style with the ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Track record of demonstrating sound judgment by taking initiative and making appropriate decisions
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including tact, patience, diplomacy, and appropriate assertiveness.
- Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities.
- Cultural sensitivity and respect for diverse colleagues
- An interest in non-profit operations a plus
IAVI operates as an intense mission driven organization trying to solve one of the most difficult and important scientific and policy challenges of our time, as a result passion for the mission is a critical attribute.
IAVI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diversity candidates.
International AIDS Vaccine Initiative - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard