This position provides confidential administrative and personal support to the CIO. Facilitates cooperation and communication with all necessary internal and external parties, acting as a positive liaison for communications between CIO and other partners. Functions as the right hand support capability to the CIO, coordinating and managing the smooth and efficient functioning of all aspects of the IS department including planning, development and management of new as well as on-going initiatives.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
· Provides confidential administrative and personal support to the CIO. Facilitates cooperation and communication with all necessary internal and external parties, acting as a positive liaison for communications between CIO and other partners.
· Assists the CIO with project coordination and with the planning, development & publishing of the informatics and related IS strategic plan, SOPS plans, communications, as well as other strategic and tactical projects for SHC.
· Schedules meetings, prepares agendas, takes minutes, collates the data, rolls it up into an executive summary & develops first draft of presentations and other materials. In addition, takes the lead, on an annual basis, to update the plans and supporting materials by obtaining input provided from strategic teams as well as IT leadership. Tracks industry trends and outside information related to best practices, and serves in an advisory capacity on planning initiatives.
· Plans, coordinates, and manages site visits from vendors, peer organizations, and auditing or regulatory agencies.
· Plans on-site and off-site meetings and events, and manages the office in absence of the CIO. Settles matters independently or consults with CIO as prudent.
· Prepares key reports and updates, carries out significantly large, and/or complex assignments; exercises judgment and prudence in financial matters.
· Develops and updates policies and procedures..
· Manages and organizes executive calendars to increase efficiency by scheduling to avoid back-to-back meetings, allowing time for travel between meetings as well as scheduling office time to complete work. Screens and controls interruptions to CIO by internal customers and external vendors.
· Prepares agendas and documentation for assigned meetings as well as tracks and manages all action items to completion. Also manages deadlines for tasks and requests for information from internal as well as external resources.
· Provides oversight of administrative staff within clinical informatics and information technology as appropriate. Responsible for completing annual evaluations, on-going development and performance improvement plans as needed to meet the dynamic and changing needs of the organization.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to apply judgment and make informed decisions
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to cross-functional departments or teams
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive verbal and written information
- Ability to make effective oral presentations and prepare concise written reports to a variety of audiences
- Ability to multi-task and manage complex situations proactively and independently.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to screen vendors, prioritize requests, route and follow through while maintaining a professional, respectful demeanor.
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area
Stanford Hospital & Clinics - 16 months ago
No matter where you go, it’s people, and not places, that make a difference. When you join Stanford Health Care, you’ll have the...