Specialized Bicycle Components is a globally recognized consumer brand with offices on four continents, and groups of amazingly talented team members developing cutting-edge products. Our work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills, work smart, and ride hard. Our mission is to be the brand of choice for discerning riders and the best full-service dealers around the world.
This individual will serve as an executive assistant for the Founder and CEO, Mike Sinyard, as well as supporting other team members on a variety of daily responsibilities and special projects with a focus on strategic company initiatives. This position is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated person with relevant experience in a professional environment.
Above all, this role requires a dynamic individual with a high level of discretionary tact and empathy who is a quick learner, excellent writer, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented. He/She will be stepping into an action-oriented environment with high expectations regarding level of execution, confidentiality, and decision-making. He/She will represent the organization in a personable and professional manner to clients and business contacts, in person, by phone and in writing. Finally, flexibility and multi-tasking are key given the fast paced and ever-evolving environment.
Lastly, this individual must be a rider who is familiar with our brand. Quite often the executive assistant will plan and attend long rides with the CEO other SBC employees & special guests. Having experience at the bike retail level is a huge plus. Historically, Mike’s EA’s have been able to develop and transition into more strategic roles within the company. We are looking for bright, talented, scalable candidates who don’t necessarily have a traditional Executive Assistant background. If you are a recently graduated MBA business student who wants to learn the business from the ground up, this is an excellent opportunity to experience it first-hand.
Successful candidates must
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be willing to take initiative and make decisions on limited data and with limited direction
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Find reward through enabling and supporting others
- Have exemplary time management/organizational skills
- Ability to communicate well with senior-level team members internally and with customers & dealers
- Be well versed with Microsoft Office and very comfortable using the Internet as a research tool
- Must be super resourceful in finding answers, remedies and solutions
- Knowledge of both PC & Mac platforms, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint expertise is mandatory
- Demonstrate a high degree of tact, diplomacy, judgment and discretion
- Possess the capability of working with a variety of personality and work styles
- Have experience planning and executing events
- Must be willing to work longer hours and the occasional weekend when necessary
- Have a valid driver’s license, provide own transportation
- Have a degree, preferably in business or writing, from an accredited 4 year university
- Have a deep passion for bikes, riding, and the cycling industry
- Balancing and prioritizing responsibilities, such as managing appointments, screening mail, arranging travel, maintaining organizational systems, and managing expenses
- Writing correspondence on behalf of senior leaders with appropriate tone, craft and delivery
- Acting as first point of contact for senior leaders & assisting in prioritizing activities
- Coordinating client meetings & workshops with a high level of tact and personalized service
- Working cross functionally across departments
- Keeping the team workspace comfortable, engaging, and efficient
- Assisting with planning & logistics for public speaking engagements, including research & building presentations
- Helping with event planning & set-up and running errands
- No task can be viewed as to small, this can be a roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty job all the way up to executing high level global initiatives
Specialized Bicycle Components - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard