The ideal candidates will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, energetic and enjoy the administrative challenges of working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in an often high-pressure environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient is crucial to these roles. The ideal candidates must have a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Expert written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are also important.
1. Demonstrated experience in supporting at the executive level, preferably in a newsroom, on Capitol Hill or in a statewide or national political campaign/organization
2. Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of multiple competing meetings
3. Experience scheduling travel arrangements
4. Demonstrated organizational skills, including experience managing multiple tasks with conflicting priorities, while achieving work goals under pressure with limited supervision.
5. Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word and Outlook.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
General duties & responsibilities:
o Manage multiple, complex calendars, which includes planning meetings and scheduling conference calls for several high level principals
o Answer telephones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently
o Arrange travel reservations and create itineraries for executives
o Manage expense reports
o Manage correspondence and filing
o Undertake projects and research as required
Send a resume, cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience, and contact information for three references to email@example.com with this in the subject line: Executive Assistant
POLITICO, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veterans status or any other reason prohibited by federal, state or local law.
POLITICO covers political news with a focus on national politics, Congress, Capitol Hill, the 2008 presidential race, lobbying, advocacy,...