Performs administrative and coordinative work in direct support of an executive officer, including such functions as planning, budgeting, supervision and program implementation and evaluation. Performs responsible and complex office support duties, thus relieving the administrator of these duties. Work is performed under administrative supervision with evaluation based on results obtained.
• Coordination of operations in the Sr. Vice President’s ( SVP )/Vice Provost’s (VP) office.
• Confer with the SVP /VP on policy initiatives for the Divisions of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Community Engagement ( DIDECE ) and Undergraduate Education & Student Affairs ( DUESA ).
• Confer with divisional leadership to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems.
• Analyze operations to evaluate performance of the division’s staff in meeting objectives or to determine program improvement, or policy changes.
• Direct, plan, or implement policies, objectives, or activities of the divisions to ensure continuing operations and increase productivity.
• Review reports submitted by divisional leadership to recommend approval or to suggest changes.
• Work closely with the SVP /VP to direct human resources activities, including the approval of human resource plans or activities, the selection of directors or other high-level staff, or establishment or organization of major departments.
• Handle phone calls when the SVP /VP is not available; return phone messages as directed.
• Meet with appointments and/or guests when SVP /VP is not available.
• Sit in on meetings involving the SVP /VP so follow-up is adequate.
• Coordinate meetings and retreats.
• Draft letters/memos/special reports for the SVP /VP.
• Review drafts of speeches as well as press and media releases.
• Serve as problem solver. At the direction of the SVP /VP, resolve internal and external problem situations.
• Assist with the supervision of DIDECE staff as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by the SVP /VP.
Bachelor’s degree required in related area plus six years progressively responsible administrative experience including supervisory experience; OR a combination of education and/or experience to equal ten years.
This is a Security Sensitive Level II Position: Applications for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted. Applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing after a conditional offer of employment has been extended but before employment can be confirmed. The offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate passing the drug test. Employees in Level II positions are subject to a post-accident drug testing.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Experience in an executive setting.
• Experience in a teaching environment.
• Experience with large staff.
• Experience with large budgets.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Experience in an office environment including scheduling, project management, record keeping, supervision, and customer service.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the following with your application:
• Cover Letter
• Letter of Recommendation
Hourly Pay Range
17.79 - 30.77
Monthly Pay Range
3083.33 - 5333.33
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 2 years ago