VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's fastest-growing
HDTV and consumer electronics company and is revolutionizing how we watch,
listen … and live! We are currently seeking an Executive Business Relations
Liaison in our Irvine office. The ideal candidate for this position will be
experienced in handling a wide range of highly skilled support to the
President/COO; including but not limited to secretarial duties, marketing and
public relations, and business development. This candidate will partner with
the President/COO to perform various tasks and will be able to work
independently with little supervision. This person must be extremely organized,
flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a fast moving
consumer electronics company. This role requires 50% travel, primarily to Asia.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Develop strong working relationships with internal and external business
partners; particularly dealing with savvy international business executives.
Attend meetings on Executives behalf; take detailed notes and communicate
back to Executive. Follow through with point person to ensure tasks and
projects are moving forward to completion.
Perform confidential administrative functions; prepare agendas, notices,
attend Executive team meetings and prepare minutes for meetings.
Remain operationally focused; must be able to learn the companies structure,
business model and pace quickly and understand who key personnel are in order to
follow through with action items on CEO and COO’s behalf
International travel is required up to 50% of the time with an emphasis on
Exercise mature judgment and knowledge of the organization to balance
business priorities, individual team needs, executive’s style and company
Represent CEO in public relations events, acting as a “Manager”.
Work alongside the marketing department to carry out functions and other
marketing strategies and events per CEO instructions.
Use excellent judgment in regards to business development opportunities.
Know when to pursue appropriate opportunities and likewise, know how and when to
reject inappropriate opportunities.
Coordinate meetings and ensure attendees are timely
Assist as needed with organizing programs, events, meetings or conferences
by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations,
Must work closely with the Executive Assistant
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Expert knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
· Extremely organized and detail oriented
· Professional, mature and polished demeanor; able to work with a variety
of personality types
· International business savvy with a particular attention to marketing
and business development
· Strong sense of urgency
· Proactive and able to foresee needs
· Timely and able to complete tasks quickly; must be able to multi-task
· Extremely resourceful
· Able to work independently and make sound decisions
· High energy, positive, outgoing
· Superior integrity with the ability to handle and process confidential
and sensitive information
· Must be aggressive while maintaining professionalism
· Must be able to drive deadlines
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Very punctual, regular attendance
· Extremely disciplined while being flexible to schedules and other
· Willingness to learn
· Must be able to work under pressure
· Must be able to be on call as needed 24 hours a day
Minimum Education required:
Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Marketing or related field a
Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience required:
- 2-3 years administrative experience
- 2-3 years of high level partnering with Executive
- 2-3 years of marketing/PR experience preferred
- 2-3 years of business development experience preferred
Must be able to speak, read and write English and speak Mandarin fluently.
VIZIO - 11 months ago
VIZIO has done for HDTVs what Dell did for PCs and Southwest Airlines did for air travel: sell them for less. The company sells low-cost...