Job Number: 66564
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for the largest senior living provider in the United States?
Consider joining our team at The Town Village of Vestavia Hills in Birmingham, AL!!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice. Good people make the difference and are the key to the company’s success. Brookdale Senior Living operates 563 locations in 35 states and employs approximately 32,000 full and part time associates and serves nearly 52,000 residents. BSL offers its residents access to a full continuum of services. - independent living, assisted living, retirement centers / continuing care retirement communities ( CCRC ) and management services.
Immediate Opening: Executive Chef
Job Number: 66564
Type: Full Time
Location: Vestavia Hills--2385 Dolly Ridge Road, Birmingham, AL 35243
Oversees daily operations of the kitchen and ensures the highest quality food products. Directly supervises and trains kitchen personnel on all related culinary activities.
1. Oversees breakfast, lunch and dinner for quality assurance of meal presentation and portion control.
2. Selects recipes, prepares and coordinates all meals. Coordinates prep for the following day’s menu.
3. Creates new dishes and develops recipes, standardizing recipes to ensure consistent quality. Establishes presentation technique and quality standards. Plans, modifies and develops menus.
4. Performs a pre-meal meeting with food servers to review detail of daily menu.
5. Ensures an adequate number of culinary employees each shift and ensures absences are covered.
6. Estimates food consumption and requisitions food purchases. Monitors and maintains inventory.
7. Assists in the adherence to maintaining budget compliance for daily food costs.
8. Assists in applying appropriate loss prevention procedures.
9. Assists in hiring, training, scheduling, disciplining and terminating associates. Provides training for all kitchen staff.
10. Assists in the coordination and execution of special events.
11. Maintains kitchen cleanliness and food preparation according to state and local health department code requirements. Ensures all kitchen equipment is in working order and kept clean at all times. Oversees the proper inventory, storage and use of cleaning chemicals. Keeps waste to a minimum by utilizing food storage and food recycling techniques.
We seek the following qualifications:
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your updated resume to ECummings@brookdaleliving.com apply online at www.brookdalecareers.com .
- Ability to professionally represent Brookdale Senior Living required
- Associate’s degree (A.A) or equivalent from two year college or technical school
- Minimum of two (2) to four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be SERV-SAFE Certified
- Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
- Understanding of working with older population
- Ability to work early morning or evening shifts
Brookdale Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free work place.
Key words: beverage, catering, chef, cook, cooks, dining, executive sous chef, food, food prep, food preparation, head cook, hospitality, hotel, kitchen, kitchen chef, master chef, meal prep, meal preparation, restaurant, sous, sous chef, Birmingham, AL
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...