To oversee the functions of the kitchen purchasing, presentation, and quality of food hiring, training, and development of associates financial status and pleasing guests by producing the best food with the culinary skills.
1. Five years experience as Executive Sous Chef, Banquet Chef, or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of purchasing and control.
3. Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use of equipment.
4. Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
5. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
6. Ability to provide legible communication.
7. Ability to do basic arithmetic and computer skills.
8. Ability to maintain safety and health requirements as specified by OSHA and the Health Department.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Any managerial experience in Food and Beverage.
1. Ability to enforce hotel s standards, policies and procedures with assigned staff.
2. Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments delegate work.
3. Ability to direct performance of assigned staff and follow up with corrective where needed.
4. Ability to motivate assigned staff and maintain a cohesive team.
5. Ability to ascertain staff training needs and provide such training.
6. Ability to be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgments.
7. Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
9. Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
-Trains all associates in the kitchen how to perform their job duties to the best of their abilities.
-Writes schedules, evaluates, and directs all personnel.
-Ensures all food served is of high quality, properly prepared according to recipe and is expedited to all outlets in a smooth and efficient manner. Includes working the line during peak times.
-Supervises entire kitchen staff. Also, all utility and sanitation associates and to provide supervisory guidance, aid, and counsel for all kitchen associates.
-Ensures that all banquets are properly prepared and serviced timing, portioning and quality are most important. Ensures that proper communication takes place between banquets and the kitchen.
-Ensures sanitation standards are maintained in all areas, i.e. walk-ins, freezers, kitchen proper, and equipment.
-Responsible for the review and accomplishment of cost goals in the area of food cost, kitchen labor, and related expenses.
-Learns, understands, and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
-Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
-Learns, understands, and knows how to operate all kitchen equipment.
-Communicates expectations daily of Sous Chefs to ensure smooth continuous operation.
-Ensures that prescribed cleaning schedules are followed and maintained at all times.
-Takes immediate action on problems that are encountered in the kitchen.
-Participates in staff and department meetings and the property MOD program.
-Assists in the establishment of goals, standards, and objectives that will further the prestige and reputation of the organization, as well as result in a more profitable operation.
-Provides associates with he tools and equipment they need to do their jobs.
-Maintains all use records, roast meat charts, recipe cards, etc., at all times.
-Prepares recipe cards and picture presentation of all menu items.
-Ensures payroll hours are submitted to the Accounting/HR Department in a timely manner.
-Submits banquet summary sheet to the Accounting Department in a timely manner.
-Is aware of all areas, including frontline, banquet productions, and plating. Never neglects one area for another.
-Assures that sufficient supplies of necessary service equipment are available and maintained at all times.
-Ensures proper staffing of the entire kitchen for adequate coverage while man-hours are not wasted.
-Physically tastes each steamed item, soup, sauce, salad dressing, vegetable, etc., to assure maximum quality and consistency. This must be done for all meal periods.
-Ensures that adequate preparation is done for all meal periods while avoiding waste through preparation.
-Ensures that approved recipes are followed at all times without deviation.
-Ensures that standards pertaining to storage, rotation, production, portions, quality communicates any problem areas with recommended alternatives to the Food and Beverage Director for discussion and possible solution.
-Adheres to corporate procurement programs via Purchasing Concepts.
-Understands budget applications and conforms tot he budget requirements.
-React to problem areas where budget discrepancies exist.
-Interviews and hires new personnel when needed.
-Reviews and approves all reviews, hires, transfers, warning notices, counseling sessions, and terminations.
-Evaluates staff performance on a 90 day, and annual basis.
-Conducts his/her self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the Concord Hospitality organization.
-Responsible for developing performance standards, procedures, and rules used to ensure safe work habits.
-Assists with the organization of annual associate picnic.
-Memorize food recipes and food preparation instructions.
-Handle and operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Please see above
Concord Hospitality delivers exceptional returns by franchising brands with strong consumer appeal, creating outstanding Guest experiences...