The Executive Chef is responsible for directing and over-seeing the entire food service operations, throughout the property.
Provide the optimal service possible while operating within predetermined budgetary guidelines and/or limitations.
This position is responsible for providing overall leadership in the creative development and quality assurance in culinary operations. This includes directing product conceptualization, menu engineering, recipe development, item costing, concept testing, and product specification development/sourcing, implementation of new menus and on-going quality assurance processes and systems.
The Executive Chef will promote and facilitate an interactive leadership role for the established culinary departments. The Executive Chef will focus on supervising and supporting the day to day activities in all kitchens by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards. The Executive Chef will be effectively engaged in the communities; successfully promoting the restaurants and other F&B offerings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Provides visionary leadership and management of the culinary research and development process from product creation through implementation.
Devise innovative product offerings for a variety of venues including main dining rooms, buffets room service, specialty restaurants, banquets, catering and themed/special events.
Formulates and implements procedural guidelines, policies and standards pertaining to the overall food and beverage operations.
Included in this are menu design, product specifications, cleanliness and sanitation, and food, labor and operating expenses’ cost controls.
Monitors industry trends and collaborates with internal and external partners in culinary research and development efforts.
Manages the overall creation of menus, preparation instructions, and individual dish specifications by ingredients and corresponding portion sizes.
Collaborates with Purchasing in identifying and sourcing required products.
Develops standards, processes and tools to assist in delivering consistent culinary products at both properties.
Guides and supports culinary team in the implementation and adherence of company standards, processes & systems.
Monitors guests, partners and internal feedback and takes corrective action as required ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction.
In partnership with the Food & Beverage management; develops and administers formal quality assurance processes including audits, secret shopper programs, culinary focus groups, consumer tastings, and customer/operator surveys.
Collaborates with operational leaders in the on-going execution of the company’s culinary operations.
Ensures the accurate maintenance of the menu and recipe database.
Provides on-going support and leadership in companies efforts to remain above and beyond compliance with all compliance related standards and procedures.
Directly responsible for the financial performance of related departments including food and beverage.
Collaborates with the Director of Food and Beverage operations and property Operations in the management of the resort maintenance budget.
Act as a liaison between the community and the operation.
Performs related duties as required.
- Prior experience as an Executive Chef. · Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Possess strength in training and team building programs.
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple property Culinary departments.
- Must have 4 or 5 star background, knowledge and ability to implement such standards.
- Must have experience in the process of creating and implementing successful new concepts.
- Must have proven leadership skills, teambuilding and developing star performers.
- Must have knowledge of health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Must have complete understanding of the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Capable of analyzing business levels and scheduling appropriately.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel/Word/Outlook).
- Must be able to speak, hear, understand, read, and write the English language.
- Must have a strong customer service aptitude.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess well developed leadership skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards.
- Ability to lead and direct performance of all F&B associates.
- Effectively motivate associates and to maintain cohesive teams.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to interact with all associates and guests of both properties.
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Be able to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions.
Destination Hotels & Resorts is a privately held lodging management company headquartered in suburban Denver, Colo. With more than 30...