The Executive Chef at Aquarius restaurant will be responsible for all aspects of managing the kitchen and kitchen personnel, ensuring the quality preparation of all menu items and proper handling/storage of all food items in accordance with standards. Coordinates the purchase of all food and develops menus, approved food costs and labor costs.
Just off the beach in Santa Cruz, this oceanfront restaurant serves local cuisine and a regional wine list in a cool and breezy atmosphere with incomparable views of the Monterey Bay.
Based in San Francisco, Joie de Vivre is a boutique hotelier that is in the midst of an ambitious national expansion program. Joie de Vivre plans to add 20 more properties by 2015 through management agreements, joint ventures and acquisitions. As a hospitality company, our people are at the heart of what we do. Progressivism, enthusiasm, entrepreneurialism, creativity, and vibrant diversity create our unique corporate culture.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
* Service orientated individuals
* Folks that enjoy being detail orientated
* People that enjoy being part of a team, but are comfortable working independently
* Ideal candidates will have previous kitchen experience in the applicable department. Must have flexible schedules as days and times change according to business levels.
1. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
2. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
3. Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
4. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
5. Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once.
6. Ability to direct performance of kitchen staff; prioritize, organize and delegate work assignments.
7. High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
8. Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship.
9. Three years’ experience in a similar position at a three star hotel or restaurant.
10. Ability to work all stations in kitchen.
11. Food handling certificate.
12. Punctuality and regular, reliable attendance
13. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others and the public
1. Culinary college degree.
2. Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish.
3. Sanitation certificate.
Joie de Vivre Hospitality - 10 months ago
You might say this company has a zest for hotel life. Joie de Vivre Hospitality operates boutique hotels, with more than 30 properties in...