- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against McLeod Health System and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal food quality and meal service.
- Drives patient and customer satisfaction, and maintains interdepartmental relationships through rounding.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards. Maintains an active professional presence in the front of the house.
- Supervises, staffs, trains, conducts applicable rounding and manages the performance of the department to include Food Service Supervisors and/or front line staff regarding food presentation, quality, cost control and food safety and sanitation.
- Manages and controls resources and materials to ensure quality, adequacy of supply and cost control within budgetary guidelines
As the Executive Chef you will lead the culinary services team in an acute care facility. Through your experience and expertise, you will implement and support all food related programs at the location including the food production of patient meals, guest/employee retail operations, and catering functions. Your duties also include menu development, inventory, ordering/purchasing, food cost controls, training, sanitation, and personnel management. The Executive Chef’s day to day responsibilities ensures compliance with regulatory standards and work toward improving systems and processes. The Executive Chef is also responsible for promoting the professional growth and development of their team. This position reports directly to the Director.
- Culinary Arts Degree or BS Degree – Food Service or Hospitality Management Program or five (5) years of culinary experience preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Fine dining restaurant, hotel or country club culinary experience is highly desirable
- Experience with high-touch customer service environments
- Creativity and plate presentation skills a must
- CEC (Certified Executive Chef) desired
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience highly desirable
- Must be experienced with computers: to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) certification highly desirable
- ServSafe certification required
- Must be able to successfully complete criminal background checks (State and Federal) and drug screenings
- Must be willing to participate in patient satisfaction programs/activities
Mcleod Health - 14 months ago