INTERNAL POSTING AVAILABLE FOR CURRENT DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND NATURAL RESOURCES EMPLOYEES ONLY.
This is supervisory work in managing and directing the food service operation at Haw River State Park. The kitchen provides meals for the state park dining room serving students in environmental education programming and adults participating in seminars, workshops, and group activities. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks are served each day groups are in attendance. Employee is responsible for planning and conducting a sound food service management program including menu planning, ordering of food and supplies, food production and service, and sanitation standards. Work is performed independently and reviewed by an administrative supervisor through inspections and evaluation of reports for adequacy of diet, budget costs of operation, and sanitation standards. Plans and establishes daily menus; maintains a quantity recipe file. Supervises kitchen personnel in maintaining high standards of food sanitation. Hires, trains, and supervises employees and managers. Employee maintains inventory and orders necessary supplies. Plans and administers, or makes provision for the planning and administering of special diet requests. Discusses with administrative officials the planning of new kitchen facilities and the replacement of existing equipment. Performs related duties as required. Work schedule will be variable: weekends, nights, early mornings, and holidays are required. Skilled Assessment will be conducted during the interview.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies:
**To receive credit for your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information omitted from the application form, listed under the text resume section, or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledgeable of the methods, materials, and equipment used in large-scale cooking and food service activities.
- Knowledgeable of the accepted principles of dietetics and nutrition.
- Knowledgeable of the dietary requirements for a variety of special diets and allowable substitutions for various items found on diet menus.
- Ability to estimate accurately the amounts of raw food needed to supply the number of persons to be served.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of kitchen employees and customers.
- Ability to maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation of food service appliances and equipment.
- Ability to inspect incoming fresh vegetables, fruits, and meats to determine that they meet purchase order specifications.
- Must have excellent communication and organization skills: must be able to work with conference coordinator and guests in scheduling events.
- Must be able to supervise and train subordinate employees.
- Applicant must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet DENR fleet Safety Policy guidelines.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid health certificate issued by the local county health department if required by the employing agency within one year from date of hire.
Bachelor's degree dietetics, home economics, or institution management from an appropriately accredited institution; or High school or General Educational Development diploma and fours years supervisory experience in the preparation and serving of food in quantity lots; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Requirement: Possession of or ability to secure a valid health certificate issued by the local county health department if required by the employing agency.
Supplemental and Contact Information:
To apply for this position, please click APPLY link above. SEE ATTACHED RESUME WILL RESULT IN AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION. To receive credit, all experience must be included in the work history sections. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
Persons eligible for veteran preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.
DENR uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions subject to the State Personnel Act with the most qualified applicants. When a salary range is posted, the actual salary will be based on relevant competencies, knowledge, skills and abilities, internal equity and budgetary considerations pertinent to the advertised position. All post-high school degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.
The State of North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information, please contact:
Latasha Peele (919) 707-9354
North Carolina Office of State Human Resources
- 24 months ago - save job