Orchard Fresh, Western New York’s newest food market and premier culinary destination, is seeking passionate and customer-oriented food lovers to join the team at our Orchard Park location.
The ideal Orchard Fresh team member will possess the following qualities:
- A absolute passion, enthusiasm, and love for food
- A passion for people and an exceptional ability to create lasting relationships
- The ability to organize and create new systems and procedures in an entrepreneurial environment while maintaining impeccable standards
The Executive Chef will be responsible for driving sales and leading and motivating a team of 20 to 30 associates within our Kitchen and Prepared Foods Department. This includes:
- Scheduling and leading daily operations of the department
- Continuously creating new recipes and menus of prepared food offerings, determining and managing costs, and overseeing the preparation of these items
- Leading by example by providing customers with outstanding customer service
- Executing dynamic and creative merchandising within the department
- Tracking, rotating, and ordering department inventory
- Maintaining a clean department and adhere to all food safety guidelines.
- Training and developing team members
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Previous executive chef experience is required; experience in a retail environment a plus
- Knowledge of prepared foods, cooking techniques, and recipe creation required
- Previous experience in training and developing employees preferred
All full time associates will be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, and life insurance options, as well as paid vacation, personal time, and 401K.