This position is responsible for developing culinary concepts based on market data, research and creativity, and creating dynamic menus while meeting stated expectations for service and stewardship. This position is responsible for ensuring that exceptional customer service is provided throughout all aspects of the food services experience. The Executive Chef is responsible for building the brand through premier healthy food service by focusing on excellent food quality and great service as evidenced by customer satisfaction. This position is accountable for building and leading an engaged team and committed to providing the highest quality service to meet the needs of our patients, employees, visitors, and physicians
Nature and Scope:
This position is focused on delivering premier food service through the development of a healthy fresh food culture that supports the brand by ensuring food safety and nutritionally appropriate food for patients, employees, visitors, and physicians. This position will be responsible for all food service related activities including quality improvement, sanitation, infection control, safety, emergency preparedness, and hospital related activities for patient care, restaurant and cafeteria foodservice, and physician dining.. This position will be responsible for developing programs for food and nutrition employees to create a culinary team and service environment that sets the standard for the healthcare industry and exceeds expectations for our patients, their families and friends, our employees and our visitors by the following activities:
· Plans, directs, and manages all operations, schedules, programs, and evaluation.
· Performs periodic and regular inspections of assigned units to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance.
· Develops menus, recipes, and portion specifications for our different venues in accordance with consumer tastes, product testing, nutritional needs, product specifications, required preparation skills, established procedures and budgetary considerations
· Enhances and maintains the central standardized recipe and ingredient repository in Computrition which includes nutritional and cost information
· Provides for appropriate work flow and quality controls for food quality and temperature from purchasing specifications and procedures to storage, preparation, holding, presentation, transport, and service; is responsible for quality assurance maintenance (Peer Review, Press Ganey, and Measureable Objectives).
· Prepares operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations
· Supervises and/or prepares reports, documents, payroll records, statistical surveys and other data required for departmental administration and for compliance with various licensing and regulatory agencies; is responsible for regulatory standard maintenance
· Prepares, in conjunction with the Administration, departmental, operational and capital equipment budgets; is responsible for managing and explaining actual budget fluctuations. Provides strategies to enhance catering and retail food service revenue and productivity goals.
· Maintains standards for personnel performances and holds employees accountable
· Is directly involved in short and long range departmental planning
· Supports the Dietetic Internship Program for foodservice and clinical experiences and the Truckee Meadows Culinary Intern Programs for foodservice experiences
· Ensures successful implementation of patient services by communication with foodservice employees and dietitians within the patient care component and nurses, physicians, and other healthcare providers outside the department
· Coordinates and facilitates accreditation processes
· Handles complaints and provide service recovery
· Collaborates with Department leaders, Physicians, and management to create and revise policies and procedures
· Develops an understanding of Transformational Healthcare and utilizes the tools within the department.
· Coordinate all training activities for employees to include the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address these deficiencies, continues to improve processes and work flow. In addition, the role will develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development. Responsible for plate presentation, special function menu planning. Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations. Implements a central standardized recipe repository which includes all nutritional information. Manages the safety, sanitation and emergency preparedness for all areas.
This position does not provide direct patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
Five years of experience as an Executive Chef in the hospitality, restaurant, or healthcare industry.
American Culinary Federation Certification is preferred or equivalent experience within an acute care facility. Must be a Certified Food Protection Manager with Washoe County District Health Department or have ServSafe or other Food Protection Certification approved by the State of Nevada 60 days from date of hire.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Renown Health is a not-for-profit Nevada health network and a nationally recognized healthcare leader. Renown Health is northern Nevada's...