POSITION: Executive Chef
REPORTS TO: Director of Food & Beverage
FLSA STATUS: Salaried/Exempt
This position is responsible for managing all operations within the culinary department to include maximizing quality and value while following safety, sanitary and fiscal guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare weekly employee schedules within established labor guidelines.
- Prepare daily event Production Sheets controlling portions, production, quality and costs.
- Audit and conduct monthly inventories.
- Order all supplies as needed and required for menu production.
- Write Custom Menus as required for specialty themed, budget conscious or VIP Events.
- Coordinate with Catering Services Manager and Event Coordinators on room diagrams, station set ups, break down and dish up stations.
- Oversee stewarding department in conjunction with Executive Steward.
- Post daily changes received from Catering Sales staff to the BEO and communicate to appropriate culinary staff.
- Conduct production meetings and post event evaluations with culinary staff.
- Assure compliance with proper disposal of waste and recyclables.
- Insure that food is delivered within established guidelines.
- Maintain an active presence during event with close attention to details and final adjustments.
- Responsible for developing menus, determining cost of goods, establishing standard recipes, portion sizes and standards of service for all menu items in conjunction with Food & Beverage Director.
- Continuous evaluation of systems and processes with a focus on creativity, cost and quality.
- Ability to meet with clients to discuss menus and project a knowledgeable, confident and creative approach to the sales process.
- Supervise and train all culinary staff in a manner consistent with SMG Human Resource Policies and Procedures and consistent with food production principles, safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils, etc.
- Responsible for assuring all food and beverage are prepared under safe and sanitary conditions in accordance with corporate, local, state and federal health regulations.
- Responsible for proper uniforms, hair restraints and grooming practices of culinary and stewarding staff.
- Responsible for maintaining or exceeding a local health department score of “A” rating of 90.
- Responsible for monitoring of MSDS manuals.
- Work with Director of Food & Beverage to achieve desired targets for labor cost and cost of goods sold.
- Conduct quarterly inventory of all small wares related to culinary and catering departments.
- Obtain prior written authorization from the Food & Beverage Director for the purchase of all small wares non-F&B items, excluding cleaning and general supplies.
- Document all employee-relations issues and provide corrective action as necessary. Submit absentees, vacation request documentation to Human Resources and copy Food & Beverage Director in a timely manner.
- Document all work-related injuries and illnesses by completing a First Report of Injury form and submit to Human Resources within 24 hours. Copy Food & Beverage Director.
- Maintain daily communication with the Food & Beverage Director.
- Attend weekly and monthly departmental meetings.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Excellent knowledge of various types of cuisine, production methods, display presentations, safe food handling practices, and food costing
- Customer service driven.
- Strong organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong math skills and basic accounting skills in order to adjust invoices, create recipes, production sheets, etc.
- Good computer skills with emphasis on, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, WORD and internet research
- Associate Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent foodservice experience required.
- 8-10 years experience in culinary field with a minimum of 5 years in supervisory /management position.
- Occasional sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer several times a day.
- Ability to access information in print and on computer/terminal monitor, and the ability to follow recipes and find correct ingredients.
- Need to be able to communicate with others in a noisy environment and to understand warning signals and other notifications such alarms, bells, and horns. Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination.
- Daily lifting up to 35 lbs. Up to 5 minutes at a time. Daily carrying up to 35 lbs. up to 5 minutes at a time.
- Constant standing, walking, stooping. Constant reaching, handling products.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- This position is not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions.
- May require handling of chemicals for the purpose of cleaning and sanitation.
- Minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Irregular hours including weekends and evenings required as dictated by event schedule.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. No relocation assistance is offered with this position. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
E-MAIL: Word document or PDF format only to jsains@TDConventionCenter.com
Regular Mail: Human Resources
TD Convention Center
One Exposition Drive
Greenville, South Carolina 29607
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
SMG World - 18 months ago