Links of Novi
Novi, MI - US
Metro Detroit, Suburbs 48375
High School/Secondary School Diploma or GED
9. Service Workers
The Executive Chef will supervise and administer all phases of kitchen operations. Responsible for the production of high quality food products at a cost level consistent with management objectives.
- Coordinates food service on a day to day basis as well as with social parties, banquets and special events.
- Develop standard recipes for all dishes to ensure proper portion control, uniformity of taste and quality; test new products, recipes and formulas on the market.
- Cooks, carves and bones meats and prepares dishes according to recipes during rush periods for banquets or other functions.
- Observes workers in the daily operation of the kitchen, checking methods of food preparation, portioning, cooking, garnishing and timeliness of food preparation.
- Maintains inventory control procedures by reviewing the next day’s menus and requisitioning food and supplies.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Helps ensure kitchen is clean and sanitary and is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws.
- Complete market lists, order necessary items and inspect such foods as meat, fish and vegetables received from markets.
High school diploma or equivalent. Culinary School degree or equivalent work experience desired. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
Food service permit as required by local or state government agency. Must have ServSafe certification or be obtained within 30 days of hire.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Attention to detail
Planning and organizational ability
Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Will be required to work in fast paced, stressful environment.
Singh - 13 months ago