Tommy Bahama defines relaxed, sophisticated, island-inspired living, with a complete collection of men's and women's sportswear, denim, swimwear, accessories, a complete home collection and restaurants. Tommy Bahama is looking for a qualified Executive Chef to join our efforts to create an island lifestyle that inspires the world to relax.
Responsible for kitchen operations and to ensure team delivers exceptional culinary experiences to our Guests while exhibiting PARADISE Core Values and following policies, procedures, and standards.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
EXPERIENCE, TALENT AND EDUCATION
- Create a learning and nurturing environment for all Restaurant Team Members that promotes culinary, sales and service success, and internal career growth.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase qualified applicants, including but not limited to proactively recruiting. Thoughtfully hire, develop, and mentor the team.
- Maintain appropriate staff levels.
- Minimize employee turnover rates by focusing on hiring qualified people, taking time to effectively orient new employees, set clear performance expectations, train, coach, and give constructive performance feedback.
- Facilitate implementation of company learning/training programs, follow-up and monitor performance to ensure transfer of learned skills on-the-job.
- Cultivate an environment of open, authentic dialogue with the restaurant team, regional and home office partners.
- Practice proactive performance management in partnership with the General Manager (and HR when necessary) to ensure adherence to employment policies and procedures.
- In partnership with the General Manager, assist employees with career development strategies to improve employee retention and build bench strength.
- Manage individual restaurant expenses ensuring budgetary compliance.
- Ensure consistent execution of Company policies and procedures.
- Develop/streamline restaurant processes in partnership with the General Manager and Director of Culinary.
- Manage payroll hours to budgeted payroll percentage.
- Incorporate and administer applicable safety and sanitation programs for the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Proactively seek out marketing opportunities/outreach within the community to increase brand awareness and restaurant exposure.
- Communicate the Tommy Bahama lifestyle through brand execution, both visual and experiential.
- Ensure employee appearance appropriately reflects the Tommy Bahama brand image.
- Manage upkeep of physical restaurant in partnership with the General Manager.
- Responsible for embracing, articulating, and reflecting the Tommy Bahama Culture.
- Influence the team to embrace, articulate, and reflect the PARADISE Core Values.
- Demonstrate the Tommy Bahama PARADISE Core Values in all business decisions and actions.
- Commit to maintain the culture through the evolution of the business.
- Co-manage Team Meetings with Retail as needed. Ensure restaurant programs and retail programs are communicated and consistently executed between teams.
- Partner with Retail to leverage the retail/restaurant relationship for marketing and sales events, as well as other joint projects to the benefit of the location and Company.
- Partner with the General Manager on personnel and operational issues that may, from time to time, involve both the restaurant and retail side of the businesses.
- Be receptive to feedback and coaching.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding kitchen financial expectations (i.e. food cost, food efficiencies, labor costs, and direct kitchen expenses).
- Possess complete knowledge, execution, and enforcement of all food and beverage menus - including ingredients, preparation methods, and presentation.
- Ensures the safety, cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen by maintaining specified agency standards through proper supervision and training.
- Possess complete knowledge, application, and enforcement of all policies, procedures, and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tommy Bahama is full of smart, creative islanders. We support a work hard, play hard culture and hope you are ready for the challenge. We provide excellent compensation packages, including medical/dental/vision benefits, generous clothing discounts, aloha/paid time off, and much more.
- Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Arts, Hospitality, or similar preferred
- Minimum 5 years of high-volume culinary/hospitality experience
- Minimum 3 years of high-volume kitchen leadership experience
- Must have current food handler's card and alcohol service certification as required by federal/state/local law.
- Extremely strong leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills, listening skills, ability to check for understanding after direction is given (follow up,) basic math skills, strong organization skills, ability to multi task, team builder, proven track record of increasing experience and responsibility.
- Computer based skills - Windows and Microsoft Office based management reporting. Point of Sale System, Internet/Intranet, and Outlook e-mail.
- Food/restaurant service skills - all phases of food procurement, production and service, including inventory and ordering, storage and rotation, food preparation, recipe adherence, plate presentation, and service and production time standards.
Tommy Bahama - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
About Tommy Bahama
Tommy Bahama is part of Tommy Bahama Group, Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Oxford Industries, Inc. (NYSE:OXM)....