GENERAL FUNCTION: Develops new strategic merchant processing business for Vantiv’s Merchant Services group with specific calling efforts directed toward middle market merchants with annual processing volume up to $200 million. Self-sourcing, networking externally and partnering with key team members within the local affiliate markets are required to drive new business for Vantiv. Will be given specific revenue and product goals based upon assigned referral partnerships and or vertical markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and execute a strategy for selling Vantiv products and services in conjunction with external referral partners to provide an overall receivables strategy to merchants. Identify new prospects and revenue opportunities for Vantiv services using referrals generated from business partners lead lists generated for assigned market, referrals from current merchants, and self-sourcing. Ensure LOB partners are included in the opportunity for new business as appropriate.
• Establish relationships with key internal business partners (e.g. Treasury Management, Commercial, etc.) and provide them with an overview of Vantiv including our key differentiators, current partners, support options, cross-sell abilities, and partnership needs.
• Develop an in-depth expertise of Vantiv products, value added services, and pricing models.
• Consult with merchant and use Value Proposition and Sales Process to understand current business model and recommend solution utilizing appropriate, Vantiv, and external partner products and services
• Self investment to develop additional skills and knowledge as it relates to cash management, specific vertical industries and current developments in the processing landscape.
• Utilize available resources (including Conversion Technical Support and Tele-Installations) to ensure the merchant is properly set-up on our system, processing transactions, and is initially billed according to their Vantiv agreement.
• Respond promptly to prospect inquiries and requests and prepare proposals, letters, and presentations to merchant prospects as needed that address the merchant’s business needs and positions Vantiv as a leader in the industry.
• Provide Merchant Affiliate Sales Manager with regular status reports, both written and verbal, regarding prospect status, revenue and deal count achievement, partnership successes with various LOB partners, and campaign successes. Provides proper communication to Conversion and Relationship Management Teams on opportunities that need to be assigned or supported.
• Utilize Performance Management System to provide feedback to Merchant Affiliate Sales Manager on financial and non-financial results.
• Utilize Sales Force Automation (SFA) for all leads and prospective opportunities for pipeline, status tracking, and lead list opportunities.
• Maintain an awareness of competitors’ products and pricing, including new trends and developments in the industry.
• Act as a mentor to sales representatives(s) with less experience or in new markets.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent.
• Experience in complex solution selling with longer sales cycles.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office and knowledgeable in Excel.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Organizational and time management skills are also required.
• Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like. Remote locations are permitted provided that the remote location provides a professional, controllable working environment.
• Extensive local travel is required and occasional over night travel is required
Vantiv is an EEO/AA Employer.
Vantiv, Inc. (NYSE: VNTV) is a leading integrated payment processor for businesses and financial institutions, processing more than 12.9...