In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
This position is full time in South Burlington, VT.
Corporate Secretary for Merchants Bancshares, Inc. and Merchants Bank. Provide executive administrative support to Shareholders, the Board of Directors, President and Chief Executive Officer as well as other executive officers.
Principal Duties and Objectives
1. Act as Corporate Secretary for the Merchants Bancshares, Inc. and Merchants Bank. This includes:
a. Draft, record and maintain full and accurate minutes of all meetings of Directors, Shareholders and various committees of the Boards, maintain minute books and other appropriate corporate records;
b. Upon request and/or independent determination, prepare and provide various board reports and documents to evidence various forms of approval as granted through Board action;
c. Coordinate and prepare agendas and materials for all meetings of the boards and various committees, as appropriate;
d. Receive and respond to inquiries from shareholders;
e. Prepare and provide material to be reported in the proxy, 10-Q and annual report and aid in the construction and filing of same;
f. Update and monitor Investor Relations page on the MBVT website;
g. Maintain statistical information on the shareholder base;
h. Track MBVT ownership position of Directors and Executive Officers;
i. Preparation of various required filings for both the SEC and Nasdaq;
j. Coordinate preparations for, and participate in, Annual Shareholder meetings and draft and record all proceedings of the meeting;
k. Act as primary corporate liaison between shareholders and stock transfer agent;
l. Maintain complete copies of the Articles of Incorporation and By-laws for the bank and all subsidiaries.
2. Secretary to the Board of Directors. This includes:
a. Communicate with Board members, attorneys, regulators, auditors and bank personnel with regards to regulatory, legal and policy compliance issues;
b. Maintain information on director independence, compliance with FFIEC, SEC regulations for proxy disclosure and regulatory exams;
c. Prepare Director compensation reports and respond to Director inquiries regarding fees and deferred compensation plans;
d. Maintain corporate correspondence, documents, records and seal and control attestation on contracts and all approved documents executed under said seal;
e. Maintain schedule of board and committee meetings and prepare agendas for all meetings;
f. Maintain active log of all policies and actions that require board approval.
3. Provide executive administrative support to the President and Chief Executive Officer. This includes:
a. Manage schedule;
b. Provide general administrative support including travel arrangements, expense report preparation, typing and screening mail;
c. Coordinate a variety of meetings including management meetings, Board of Directors meetings, retreats and employee meetings;
e. Coordinate annual employee meeting; act as liaison with production company and other vendors, handle all related communications with employees, draft event budget for senior manage approval
f. Preparation of various reports for management and the Board of Directors;
g. Act as liaison between President, management, regulators, clients and employees.
4. Provide executive administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer. This includes:
a. Provide general administrative support including travel arrangements, appointment scheduling, typing and screening mail.
b. Review and approve expense reports and general invoices up to prescribed limit.
5. Act as liaison with all senior managers
a. Maintain information on senior manager compliance with FFIEC and SEC regulations for proxy disclosure and regulatory exams;
b. Schedule meetings;
c. Maintain strategic planning matrix, FDICIA matrix and related board material;
d. Take and distribute minutes of Asset/Liability committee.
6. Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1 . Strict confidentiality.
2. Bachelor's degree in legal or executive administration or demonstrated equivalent in relevant work experience; four years of professional experience in administration, customer service, and commercial banking or other relevant field.
3. Knowledge and experience with investor relations and SEC and NASDAQ reporting and compliance highly desirable.
4. Strong organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines and to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
5. Strong analytical and written skills.
6. A high degree of poise and tact in order to positively represent the bank.
7. Aptitude and demonstrated proficiency in use of computer technology.
8. Proven record of accuracy and attention to detail.
Merchants Bank VT
- 2 years ago - save job