Lead and manage all aspects of multiple, larger and more highly complex information technology (IT) projects and/or technical initiatives. Manage developers and managers, assemble project team, assign individual responsibilities, provide training, and develop project schedules. Determine and acquire resources needed. Participate in the development of policies, procedures, standards and controls. Support IT related business planning requirements including, but not limited to budgeting, scheduling and workload planning. Ensures and manages the information architecture is designed, built and deployed using data warehouse/BI technology best practices while ensuring cost effectiveness in delivery and total cost of ownership. Works with architects to develop and own technology roadmaps with emphasis on driving out complexity and ensuring the company can scale BI data environment efficiently, effectively for growth and diversity of data types. . Work with the various global IT leaders and associates to define technology architectures to meet the business needs.
1. Lead multiple, larger and more complex projects and/or technology initiatives and apply innovative solutions to systems, hardware, software, networking, programming, and/or applications problems.
2. Provide mentoring and coaching to team members through performance evaluation and identifying development opportunities; continually developing project team competencies.
3. Perform supervisory duties including, but not limited to hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and disciplining direct reports.
4. Perform strategic planning and maintain alignment, of projects, with both RGA’s strategic direction and application architecture
5. Develop and maintain effective business relationships, coordinating service delivery in line with negotiated Service Commitments. Take ownership of the relationship, ensure that business partner’s objectives are met, and gain mutual understanding when the objectives are not feasible
6. Facilitate a technology approach to new data warehouse and business intelligence requests or enhancements that optimizes RGA’s use of technology while minimizing total cost of ownership.
7. Continually assess and provide recommendations regarding RGA’s technology footprint, including approaches to reduce complexity and cost while improving capabilities.
8. Evaluate, advise and conduct design reviews for new IT initiatives, including external RFP’s.
9. Facilitate the definition, development and adoption of the appropriate IT architectures and standards and the ongoing improvement of same.
10. Serve as a liaison between the architecture team, enterprise reporting team and various IT leaders.
11. Evaluate technology solutions and provide advice and support.
12. Anticipate emerging technology needs and evaluate alternatives.
13. Keep abreast of industry trends, technology advancements and product/vendor direction. Leverage this knowledge to provide better technology direction for RGA.
14. Provide for cost effectiveness in technology spending through standardization and streamlining of applications.
15. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
16. Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
Required : Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Preferred: MBA and/or Master’s degree
Experience and Skills
- 10+ years experience in project management, programming, or systems analysis.
- 5+ years management experience
- Highly advanced project management and systems analysis skills. Demonstrates ability to evaluate project objectives and scope, analyzes objectives for feasibility, and gain business understanding.
- Highly advanced people management skills, demonstrating an ability to lead, mentor and develop associates.
- Knowledge of the various infrastructure components such as telephony, networking, hardware, operating systems and middleware.
- Highly advanced project management skills
- Highly advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received
- Highly advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Expert ability to balance detail with departmental goals and objectives.
- Proficient in software development methodologies and/or infrastructure architectures; possesses the ability to disseminate them to a team.
- Highly advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions.
- Highly advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- 10+ years professional experience in information technology.
- 3-5 years experience in technology architecture.
- Insurance industry knowledge and certifications.
Comprehensive knowledge of Information Technology systems and operations.
Microsoft SSAS, SSRS, SSIS
Oracle, IBM and Microsoft architectures (J2EE and .NET).
Reinsurance Group of America - 11 months ago