George Washington University’|
s (GWU’s) College of Professional Studies ( CPS ) seeks an Executive Director of Marketing, Recruiting and Communications to lead marketing and recruitment efforts for both face to face and online undergraduate and graduate certificate and degree programs offered by the CPS and select other Schools within GWU . Additionally, the Executive Director is responsible for the College’s communications and media relations strategy including design and maintenance of websites, preparation of news releases and other materials, and the otherwise promoting the College’s profile.
The Executive Director manages a non-compensation budget of $2M and oversees a team of approximately twelve marketing, recruitment and communications professionals. As budgets are revisited annually, the Executive Director should be able to demonstrate the value of both marketing and recruitment efforts using clear metrics. The successful candidate will be a visionary that understands higher education marketing and recruitment and has demonstrated management skills as both a team leader and mentor.
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus eight (8) years of appropriate experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Strong communication, analytic, financial budgeting and management skills, including the ability to oversee and complete multiple complex projects simultaneously.
Experience in marketing, recruitment and communication in a higher education setting is strongly preferred.
Ability to lead and manage staff located in multiple sites.
Solid working knowledge of current technologies used in strategic marketing including database and Constituent Relationship Management ( CRM ) software.
Knowledge and understanding of Salesforce.com CRM solution is preferred.
Proficiency with personal computers, presentation preparation, graphic/art, spreadsheet related programs, and web enabled communication.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Strategic Planning and Leadership:
• Authors and executes annual strategic marketing plan for the College of Professional Studies undergraduate degree and graduate degree and certificate programs as well as Off Campus degree programs offered by other George Washington University Schools. Focus is on the recruitment of new students using a full range of new and traditional media including electronic and print advertising, event marketing, Constituent Relationship Management ( CRM ), web-site with CMS , integrated SEO and SEM , and direct marketing using mail, email, video, webinars and social media, and mobile apps.
• Oversees the marketing budget of approximately $3M. Secures annual funding allocations for specific programs via discussion with Program Directors and the relevant Dean’s Office. Reviews monthly financial reports.
• Work with College of Professional Studies’ Director of Finance and Business Analysis to negotiate contracts with outside vendors.
• Conducts regular audits of all marketing materials.
• Supervises a staff of approximately four marketers to direct the production and placement of materials including advertisements and poster campaigns and calculate ROI of each marketing initiative. Liaises with GW Marketing + Creative Services, GW Advertising and GW University Web Services ( UWS ) to ensure overall compliance with University policies including identity standards and guidelines and the University style guide.
• Oversees marketing efforts of outside vendors that have been contracted to provide advertising and recruitment services.
• Designs and implements market research projects, leveraging the most current methodology and latest technology, using Salesforce.com CRM solution.
• Initiates research projects regarding market demand for new program. Provide strategic marketing input to other new initiatives/programs as they are introduced.
• Using Salesforce.com, measures the demographics and quality of admissions such as average GPA + GRE scores of entering students. Results reported by program. A variety of GW web/tracking systems + solutions will be used in this effort, requiring intentional collaboration between marketing, admissions, student services + program directors.
Recruitment and Enrollment Management:
• Supervises a staff of approximately eight Senior Recruitment and Enrollment Specialists that are tasked with the collection of feedback and response to inquiries. Ensures regular follow-up with prospective students is conducted. Using Salesforce.com CRM collects quantitative data in order to evaluate effectiveness of marketing campaigns, channels and strategies.
• Ensures appropriate feedback is provided to marketing staff regarding quality of leads generated.
Communications and Media Relations:
• Oversees the development, design and maintenance of websites, including the navigation and content, using SEO principles.
• In collaboration with the College’s Senior Staff develops overarching media relations strategy. Oversees writing and editing of news releases, other materials needed to support the School’s programs. Works with University Relations to ensure compliance with University rules and initiatives.
• Identifies leading national and international publications for placing articles, opinion pieces and quotes.
• Cultivates on-going relationships to promote and enhance the College’s profile.
• Enhances professional knowledge and skills by attending training sessions, workshops/seminars, and reviewing published literature.
•Performs other work related duties as requested.The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
George Washington University - 20 months ago
The George Washington University's name is just one more reminder of the regard the nation holds for its first president. Chartered by...