The successful candidate will have experience in an Advertising Agency environment in order to bring relevant experience to the formation of a new, Digital Marketing Services team and development of high end Digital Marketing Services as a core capability of Hearst Media Services. The Executive Director will be an advertising generalist with a wide understanding of marketing solutions including: web and mobile sites, social media, SED, digital display media, relationship marketing, creative execution, and analytics. They must be able to translate big-picture, strategic thinking into actionable recommendations that will maximize results through the Strategic Accounts/Multi-Market sales initiatives and teams.
- Lead Strategic Account sales initiatives and digital sales resources to optimize revenue growth from each customer
- Perform detailed evaluation of client business environment including customer needs, capabilities/assets, and competitive realities to identify unique market opportunities and threats
- Lead the design of insight driven digital strategies from opportunity identification through to experience definition. Structure and present recommendations to senior client leadership for approval
- Partner with Creative, Technology, Analytics and Account Management to ensure successful project handoff and work is appropriately positioned for long-term success
- Contribute to or lead new business development, recruiting, team skill development, and digital "evangelization" initiatives
- Be the digital strategy lead and a key member of the client service delivery team. Direct new business, regional account service, and digital teams in developing and implementing integrated digital strategies that delight clients and exceed expectations.
- Plan and implement best-in-class digital strategies, incorporating the right mix of solutions (including but not limited to: SED, web & mobile development, digital media, analytics, CRM and social) with the goal of producing the largest return on investment for the client.
- Collaborate with innovation, analytics, social media, UX, SED, creative, and development teams to incorporate best practices and leading edge ideas into strategies and proposals.
- Proactively identify digital sales opportunities for existing clients and collaborate with respective internal account teams to present and propose solutions and existing project iterations.
- Advise clients, new business, and account teams on strategic approach, key tactics, best practices, measurement requirements and evolving trends
- Act as key contact for the development of digital strategy for winning or expanding business, as well as assisting in discovery and strategy design sessions to gather data to inform recommendations for this group of accounts.
- 5+ years' experience in digital advertising agency, digital strategy consulting and/or marketing strategy working with large customers.
- Strong passion for and knowledge of technology, emerging media and the Internet; specific interactive strategy experience required
- Exceptional team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly
- Excellent presentation and deck writing skills
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to drive sales and new business development
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- Clear understanding of core marketing principles
- Strategic understanding of both established and emerging web and mobile technologies
- Strong Web analytics and reporting experience
- Ability to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats through data analysis
- Digital media planning, buying and placement experience
- Ability to translate ideas into actionable plans and tactics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm and a passion for all things digital with a dedication to excellence, delivering exceptional results for clients.
- College Degree
- Some travel
San Francisco Chronicle - 9 months ago
The San Francisco Chronicle is the largest newspaper in Northern California and the second largest on the West Coast, with a daily...