Classification: Benefit Eligible
Duties: T he Project Management Office (PMO) Executive Director will plan, direct, and ensure the successful management of designed business solutions utilizing the complete resources of the PMO Office and assigned project management teams. The Executive Director will provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing methods and procedures that are efficient, effective and meet good business practice. This individual will maintain excellent communication with upper management both within and across organizations to ensure smooth running of all projects undertaken by the University. This individual must have expert experience in Project/Program Management and be able to lead in the coaching and mentoring of team members to help them achieve individual expectations and deliverables. This individual will assess resources loads and make appropriate individual assignment, manage and mentor the members of the PMO-to drive organizational effectiveness and accountability. Individual will serve as a key liaison with the rest of the functional groups and businesses facilitating planning, prioritization and collaboration between groups. Other essential duties will include: developing and communicating project management standards and best practices; initiating and implementing new methodologies, process and procedures that will support the university’s long and short term goals; individual will identify, secure, and coordinate implementation of internal and external university resources and expertise as appropriate to achieve project objectives; will collaborate with functional areas in the supervision of project personnel, which will include: work allocation, training, and problem resolution; individual will ensure that all university projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations, adhering to established operating parameters; and will advise leadership and/or business executives at the highest levels about the project portfolio, status and resource planning.
Education: BA/BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires 10 or more years of applicable business and project management experience.
· 10 or more years of experience as a PMO Director
· Extensive experience in budget and organizational management
· Experience in higher education highly desirable
· Project budgeting skills
· Proven project management skills; ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex projects
· Proven communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management
· Proven team building skills with technical and non-technical staff
· Demonstrated knowledge of a broad range of information technologies
· Demonstrated ability to create and implement a vision for the PMO within a university
· Excellent communication skills
· Demonstrated initiatives and organizational ability
· Demonstrated commitment to building and managing a diverse staff
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, and Certifications : Project Management Institute certification preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable): Depending on the needs and resources of the university, additional staff will be added to the department.
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office environment. May be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
Application Process: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references.
MUST HAVE PERMANENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE U.S.A.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benedictine University - 11 months ago