The Ella Sharp Museum of Art and History invites applications for the position of executive director.
Located in Jackson, Michigan, the Ella Sharp museum opened in 1965 and remains one of the cultural treasures of south central Michigan. Its mission “…to promote the understanding and appreciation of art and history…” is brought to life through exceptional exhibits, arts education and community events. The staff, volunteers, members and community board members are passionate about the Museum’s critical role in creating cultural vibrancy in the Jackson community. We seek a director who shares that passion.
The executive director functions as the CEO of the Museum and reports to the board of directors. He/She is responsible for partnering with the board to establish strategic goals and to lead the staff to attain these goals. This exceptional leader must be equally competent in providing inspirational vision for the organization and managing day-to-day operations.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Represent the Museum with the highest levels of integrity, professionalism and transparency
- Develop community relationships that lead to an engaged and enthusiastic group of members
- Cultivate a strong and consistent fundraising function
- Work collaboratively with a diverse group of people and organizations from the community
- Partner effectively with the board of directors
- Inspire and develop a staff that operates at its highest potential and to national best practice standards for museum operations
- Represent the organization effectively in public settings and in the media
- Lead the process for developing and executing the Museum’s strategic plan
- Demonstrate sound financial management principles
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including the board, staff, volunteers, donors, members, the media, and the community-at-large
- Five years of demonstrated leadership success in a mission-driven organization, with responsibility for strategy development and operations, including budget responsibility
- Bachelors degree (Masters degree preferred)
- A willingness to advocate for the role of art and history in our community
The Search Committee welcomes your applications and inquiries. Please submit resumes and direct questions to the email address below. Applications must be received by December 31, 2012:
Indeed - 5 months ago