Executive Director (Equality North Carolina)
Raleigh, NC - United States
Operations & Administration
About Equality NC
Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, Equality NC is a statewide group dedicated to securing equal rights and justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people. We work toward that goal by effectively lobbying the North Carolina General Assembly, executive branch, and local governments on issues like inclusive anti-bullying policies, employment discrimination, hate violence, privacy rights, sexuality education, adoption, relationship recognition, HIV/AIDS, and more. We also work to engage North Carolinians with educational programming and outreach efforts.
is a 501(c)(4) organization that conducts lobbying and advocacy efforts. It provides management and staffing to two related entities on a contract basis:
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director leads the staff and is responsible for leading our diverse constituency toward accomplishment of a dynamic vision and tangible achievement of the organization’s mission.
- Equality NC PAC, a registered state PAC
that works to elect fair-minded candidates, and
- Equality NC Foundation,
a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides educational programming on LGBT issues and conducts campaigns to build public support for equal rights.
Fundraising and Finance
- Provide visionary leadership to the organization
- Translate the vision of the organization into achievable and measurable benchmarks
- Engage, motivate, and grow the supporter base
- Work with the Development Director to grow the organizations financial resources and strengthen its financial position through: Foundation and government grants, major events, individual and corporate donor solicitation, and relevant partnerships
- Attend fundraising events and development opportunities
- Develop the annual budget and monitor expenditures and financial outlook
Community and Public Relations
- Assist the board in overseeing the governance of the organization and execution of the strategic plan
- Provide or supervise staff support for board meetings and board committee meetings
- Timely inform the board of all issues and events that are critical to the board’s responsibilities
- Be an articulate and passionate spokesperson for ENC and for NC LGBT policy and education
- Build and maintain critical relationships with local, state, regional, and national leaders
- Maintain the credibility, reputation, and good standing of the organization
- Lead, supervise, and support all staff and interns
- Encourage teamwork, coordination and focus in the staff team
- Protect the organization’s interests by ensuring legal and regulatory compliance
Deep understanding of LGBT issues and a commitment to North Carolina
Track record of commitment to social justice and other ENC values
Supervisory experience and ability to lead a diverse staff and constituency
Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to maintain and grow key relationships
Ability to travel extensively throughout the state with occasional out-of-state travel
- Ensure alignment of ENC programs to the organization’s vision, mission, and values
- Coordinate consulting, lobbying, speaking, and training efforts
Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience will be provided.
Please direct inquiries, nominations, and applications, including résumé, references, and a letter of interest to:
Kevin Chase, Managing Director
- Senior level nonprofit management experience including working with boards
- Experience in policy advocacy, capacity building, community organizing, and fundraising
- Familiarity with local, state, regional, and national LGBT entities and leaders
- Established network within the nonprofit funding community, with demonstrable success in cultivating and maintaining relationships with foundations, government agencies and individuals
Submission encouraged by June 15, 2013. All applications will be treated confidentially. References will not be contacted without the candidate’s express permission.
Equality NC is an equal opportunity employer.
- 23 months ago - save job
The most fundamental human right, after the necessities of food, clothing and shelter, is the right to affection and the supportive love of...